Can-Am Commander Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Yes they didn't make it any thicker. Still the same thin tube as the older shorter tubes. So it being longer its going to flex more . Reason. The solid carrier stops the problem. It doesn't allow the shafts to flex. Being now they are in a fixed position between the shafts. We're the rubber mount allow it to flex to the point the rubber stops compressing . So it also keeps the rear slip joint in a more true position since the shaft can't move up down or side to side . Less movement less vibration and less noise .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Okay thanks,this makes sense. Sandcraft and the Super ATV make them, Super ATV makes a solid billet and cast. Sandcraft makes only a billet type. Do you guys know if the cast is any good or not. The billet ones are expensive.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
I put one sand craft on the 17 model and the satv billet on the 2020 x3. I didn't know they made a cast model. Sorry

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just called Sandcraft, they dont yet make one for the 2021 Commander. Was it worth the money? The vibration is gone or just reduced? How are they holding up?

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
The new commander max is a maverick sport max with a bed. They both have same drive power train all drive line parts are the same between the two models . Sand craft does make one for the maverick max. Post 20 is where I part matched all the drive line parts . That's list Is from sand crafts website . Their bearing fits all x3 maverick sport and max models .

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
You buy the sand craft bearing and if it doesn't fit I will buy it from you. And the reason I asked is I didn't want to pay the shipping if you was in Canada. But being the new commander and the mav sport use the same shafts and carriers bearing I'm confident I won't have to buy it from you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Okay sounds good, wow thats very thoughtful.. I pick up my Commander tomorrow from the dealer for the front diff leak fix. I wanted to take for a full ride over the weekend and make sure the leak is fixed and put back together properly before I spend more money on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok so I got a text today that said my machine was done and ready for pick up. Call service guy and he says yes I’m good to go! I said well what was making the noise? He said, well, we drove it around and didn’t here a noise that was out of the ordinary….. I said.. what are you talking about?! I made the noise for you yesterday when I dropped it off, and you said oh yeah turn that off.. so here is what he told me.
That is not a quiet machine You bought! Can ans are noisy machines! Within tolerable specs. So they did nothing. So after I asked to be transferred to manager they hung up on me couple times. Finally get sales manager, good guy, says he agrees! Not acceptable! Being told can am is a noisy machine and that’s just the way they sound is unacceptable to me!! So he personally was going over to talk to service, the actual guy who worked on my machine. Try to come up with something. So mow waiting to hear back from that. I told him I will not be accepting that machine back! If they can’t fix what’s wrong with it I don’t want it!!!! So we will see what happens next

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Need to file Limon law now if your state allows Limon law claims. They legal have three tries to fix it after the claim is made official. So unless they figure it out you are stuck making the payment whether you accept it back or leave it there. Brp doesn't care and neither does the bank .

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
In many states, lemon laws only apply to automobiles and that apparently includes Michigan. But, there are other options mentioned on this attorney's site:

·
Registered
8 Posts
So basically can am brp whatever they call themselves these days make and sell crap! This is not my first side by side. And there is no bank! Just me and them. I have alway bought and driven polaris. Never any problems other than normal wear and tear. Bought this for my daughters. Thought I would see what all the hype is about with the can am….. turns out … there is no hype! Just drama. Also third machine from this dealer, so unless they are absolutely brain dead they will want to make me happy! Or I’ll take my money and go elsewhere. I would be glad if they fix it. But really does not matter at this point! It’s 2021 man! I’m supposed to be able to go into my dealership, purchase a product they sell, with extended warranty, and they are supposed to be honorable!!! Selling crap that’s crap from the word go that the manufacturer seems if nothing else to be aware of, and they still put it out In public is a disgrace! And if they can’t fix it it should not be a legal matter! You just make it right! Of course you are absolutely right! There is a process. And I’m in it. But to tell me can am and banks don’t care if they stick it too me is unacceptable! Accepting shit like that is what’s wrong with the world my man! And I will not cower or cave to ANYBODY/ANYTHING! I’ll fight it all the way to court and back!!!! Already wasted $25k, not going to accept it is what it is. It’s not about the money!!! It’s about what’s right is right!! But we will see what the manager has to say about it tomorrow. I’ll report what went down.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Well hopefully the manager gets something done. I have been around all the sxs and every single one of they have there factory defects that the factories won't fix. But I'm with you on the right is right !! I will never own another Polaris for that very reason . But been looking hard at the talon and the krx. 8000 miles on the x3 and now the maintenance cost is starting to hit hard on major power train parts . But we do abuse them in the woods and the rocks .

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
You might want to call brp and open a case. It probably won’t do a lot of good but at least one guy had luck doing so on here a few years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Totally agree! My machine will be put to the test for sure! Down here in Florida swamp during the summer, brown sugar sand in the winter when it dry! So I 100% expect breakage after use, I just ain’t had the chance to break it yet! Lol. Manager just called me. Said they dug into it deeper, they did this that and everything, everything checks out mechanically so it’s not gonna destroy it. They think it’s a heat shield…
The manager said he did start a case at brp so hopefully that helps. Manager seems like a good guy. Seems to be in agreement as far as the noise not being tolerable. Told me they are gonna keep after it to try and solve while they wait from brp and go from there. So to all of this I will say at the very least seems like he is trying. I’ll keep posted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Totally agree! My machine will be put to the test for sure! Down here in Florida swamp during the summer, brown sugar sand in the winter when it dry! So I 100% expect breakage after use, I just ain’t had the chance to break it yet! Lol. Manager just called me. Said they dug into it deeper, they did this that and everything, everything checks out mechanically so it’s not gonna destroy it. They think it’s a heat shield…
The manager said he did start a case at brp so hopefully that helps. Manager seems like a good guy. Seems to be in agreement as far as the noise not being tolerable. Told me they are gonna keep after it to try and solve while they wait from brp and go from there. So to all of this I will say at the very least seems like he is trying. I’ll keep posted.
As was suggested above, call BRP customer service & get a claim started. I did ! there is now a dealer claim & customer service claim going for the same issue (vibration).
You have to leverage as much as you can. If you feel you dealer is doing a good/decent job, make sure they are aware of that fact.
Make as much noise as you can, it's the ONLY way to get their attention!!

North America.... 1-888-272-9222

61 - 80 of 81 Posts