Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TurnKey UTV Can Am Commander lift kit system ( CLK ). Our new lift kit system is the most versatile and cost effective route available to increase your Commanders ride height. The CLK system allows you to only buy as much lift as you need and not more through our innovative stage system. The CLK is available in stages 1-3 alloying customers to fine tune there Commanders ride height. The CLK system has been tested and proven not to damage the vehicles CV joints unlike bracket style lifts. The CLK system was not just designed to increase the vehicles ride height but to compensate for added accessory weight which lowers the ride height of the vehicle. Like all TurnKey UTV products the CLK system is proudly engineered, tested and manufactured in the U.S.A. using only the highest grade materials available. The CLK spacers are computer designed and CNC machined from air craft grade aluminum assuring a precision fitment. Our unique design allows the spacers to be stacked and locked into place which eliminates shifting of the spacer under operation of the vehicle. Each stage installed gives your Commander roughly a 1” lift. You can increase or decrease ground clearance by either adding or removing a stage of lift at any time. Kits come in a set of ( 2 ) spacers, ( 2 ) kits are required per stage of lift. The CLK kits come with a lifetime warranty.

Ground clearance:

Can Am Commander factory vehicle ride height.
Front: 11.5” Rear: 10.5”

Stage 1
Front: 12.5” Rear: 12”

Stage 2
Front: 13.5” Rear: 13”

Stage 3
Front: 14” Rear: 14”

1" lift kit: $64.95
2" lift kit: $128.95
3" lift kit: $189.95
Rear leveling kit: $34.95

Link to lift kits:
http://www.turnkeyutv.com/turnkey-parts.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=42

Picture of vehicle with NO lift kit

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

This picture shows how the spacers stack together and lock into place

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
WOW! The painful wait was worth it. Beautiful work guys. Now lets talk about pricing....

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kits are ready to ship. They will be posted on the website in the next couple of days. Call us to place an order. Thank you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ride quality

Adam,
Does this just compress the spring more? Does this make the ride stiffer? Is this like making the adjuster tighter on the spring only more? I take it you gain up travel and loose down travel. How does it handle?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
will this lift work on the x package fox shocks
From the looks of it, those spacers look like they just crank up the pre-load. You can do the same thing on the fox shocks by cranking up the collars. It will make your ride really rough though. I don't get how theses are any better on the CV's though. The CV angle with the 3 inch looks just as bad as bracket lift. With a bracket lift you would still have the suspension travel though without cranking up the pre-load, but people were still breaking CV's. Maybe I'm wrong with my thinking and someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The spacer adds Spring Pre-load which does not effect Spring Rate or Wheel Rate. The spacer simply raises the ride height without changing the suspension geometry. From what I have seen with Bracket Lifts is that they allow the suspension to travel down more increasing CV angle and possibly over extending the CV. It also appears to lessen the angle of the shock which would effect the Wheel Rate (making it stiffer) and possibly lessening the wheel travel.
Mike

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The spacer adds Spring Pre-load which does not effect Spring Rate or Wheel Rate. The spacer simply raises the ride height without changing the suspension geometry. From what I have seen with Bracket Lifts is that they allow the suspension to travel down more increasing CV angle and possibly over extending the CV. It also appears to lessen the angle of the shock which would effect the Wheel Rate (making it stiffer) and possibly lessening the wheel travel.
Mike

Mike ( Aceman ) is our head engineer and director of product development.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the most affordable option to add ground clearance to your Commander. We have received a ton of requests from customers to build these. There are no other options to gain ground clearance other than buying our CX3 kit which gives you 13".

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks great! Good work Adam. Its been worth the wait. Can you get some side pics? Some that are more at eye level rather than the ground up? The ground up photos can be misleading. Maybe 2 commanders next to each other if you have 2 to get a better comparison.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great! Good work Adam. Its been worth the wait. Can you get some side pics? Some that are more at eye level rather than the ground up? The ground up photos can be misleading. Maybe 2 commanders next to each other if you have 2 to get a better comparison.
Thank you. I'll get some more pictures loaded today. The pics that show the different stages were taken from the same position, the camera was not moved. That shod give you a good idea. All the measurements posted are accurate as well.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The lift kit will not work with the LE or X models. They are designed to be used on the XT and base model Commanders.

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
How much down travel is left in the shocks after the stage 3? I know its not much after I installed the 2" CATVOS and it seems that 3" would pretty much Max it out..

·
Registered
2 Posts
How much down travel is left in the shocks after the stage 3? I know its not much after I installed the 2" CATVOS and it seems that 3" would pretty much Max it out..
Yes, Stage 3 "Dry Weight" is maxed out. It just depends on how much weight you add to the vehicle. (Fuel,Cargo,Humans,Etc.)

·
Registered
56 Posts
The 2" spacer lift and 30s that I'm running puts the tires very close to the rockers.. Do you make a trailing arm that is about 2" longer but not wider that could utilize the stock axles??

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 2" spacer lift and 30s that I'm running puts the tires very close to the rockers.. Do you make a trailing arm that is about 2" longer but not wider that could utilize the stock axles??
No sorry we dont. We are looking at building factory replacement arms made from 4130 steel.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello,

What do you have that will work with My 1000x? I'm looking for a lift kit but haven't been succesfull!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts