Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 commander 800r
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New commander owner here. It got delivered on 7-23 and on 7-25, after maybe 30 minutes it started throwing the codes p360 and p359, the dealer is closed until Tuesday so I thought I'd see if anyone has had experience with these. The codes I researched as these following here; Ignition Coil J Pri/Sec Circ (Glow Plug) Error and Ignition Coil I Pri/Sec Circ Error

·
Registered
685 Posts
Here is what these codes are for my 2014 commander

P0359 Ignition Coil I Pri/Sec Circ Error
P0360 Ignition Coil J Pri/Sec Circ (Glow Plug) Error

Is yours a diesel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
685 Posts
I would suspect a bad ground circuit. This has been a common problem with many codes over the last 6yrs that I’ve been in this sport.
Ck battery connections first, then look around for more ground connections. I did this when I first got my XT1000 and found 3 grounds that had not been fully tightened at the dealership before delivery.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2020 commander 800r
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what these codes are for my 2014 commander

P0359 Ignition Coil I Pri/Sec Circ Error
P0360 Ignition Coil J Pri/Sec Circ (Glow Plug) Error

Is yours a diesel?

It's a gas engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had P0359,0360, 0137, 1174 coming up, would clear when you shut it off and start it up again, started when I was plowing so thought it was due to voltage but started doing it more frequently. checked a ton of stuff and every wire I dont know how many times. dealer was no help, cleared the codes and said that should do it, didn’t. One day I cracked the bleed screw on the #2 cylinder let a nice air bubble out went into limp home mode then cleared and I haven’t had an issue since. I assumed the air was causing an issue with the temp sensor that it right there and caused a code, but it stoped so I was happy

·
Registered
2020 commander 800r
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
since I've had it less than a week, I contacted the dealer and hope to hear back from them, as they are an authorized service as well. So far not really impressed with the experience overall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts