1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
COMMANDER™ 1000

COMMANDER 1000 SPECIFICATIONS
ENGINE
Type: 976cc, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 8-valve (4-valve/cyl)
Bore & Stroke: 91 x 75 mm
Fuel System: iTC™ with EFI and 54mm Throttle Body, 2 Siemens VDO injectors
Starting System: Electric
Transmissi on: CVT, sub-transmission with high, low, park, neutral & reverse. Standard engine braking
Drive Train: Selectable 2WD/4WD shaft drivenwith Visco-Lok† front differential

CHASSIS
Frame: Steel
Cage type: 2-inch diameter, high-strength steel, ROPS-approved
Steering wheel adjustment: Adjustable tilt steering
Front Suspension Type/Shocks: Double A-arm with dive-control geometry / Motion Control shocks
Front Suspension Travel: 10 in (254 mm)
Rear Suspension Type Shocks: Torsional Trailing arm Independent (TTI) with external sway bar/ Motion Control shocks
Rear Suspension Travel: 10 in (254 mm)
Front Brake: Dual 214 mm ventilated disc brakes with hydraulic twin-piston calipers
Rear Brake: Single 214 mm ventilated disc brake with hydraulic twin-piston caliper
Tires/Front: Carlisle Black Rock 27 x 9 x 12 in - 686 x 229 x 305 mm
Tires/Rear: Carlisle Black Rock 27 x 9 x 12 in - 686 x 229 x 305 mm
Wheels: Steel

DIMENSIONS
L x W x H (in): 118.3 x 58.6 x 72 in
L x W x H (mm): 3,004 x 1,489 x 1,829 mm
Wheelbase: 75.8 in (1,925 mm)
Ground Clearance: 11 in (279 mm)
Dry Weight: 1,295 lbs (587 kg)
Towing Capacity: 1,500 lbs (680 kg)
Cargo Box Capacity: Total: 600 lbs (272 kg) - Upper: 400 lbs (181 kg) - Lower: 200 lbs (91 kg)
Cockpit Storage: Glove box: 4.5 gal (17.2L) - Under driver seat: 3.5 gal (13.1L)
Fuel Capacity: 10 US gal (37.8L)

FEATURES
Instrumentation: Multi-function gauge: Speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip and hour meters, fuel, gear position, sport mode, seat belt and 4x4 indicator, diagnostics, clock, auto shut off
Anti-theft System: D.E.S.S. (Digital Encoded Security System)
Electrical: Prewired for winch
Lighting: 4 60-watt projectors with tail lights/ brake light
DC Outlet: Lighter type in console, standard connector in the back (15A)
Color Available: Yellow

WARRANTY
Basic: 6 months limited factory warranty
Extended: B.E.S.T. available from 6 to 18 months

X™ PACKAGE
• Front and rear Fox Racing Shox! HPG piggyback shocks with dual speed compression, rebound and preload adjustments
• Front sway bar
• 12-inch aluminum beadlock wheels
• Maxxis Bighorn! 2.0 tires
• Rock sliders
• Heavy-duty front bumper
• Analog/digital gauge
• Custom steering wheel with brushed aluminum center part
• X-package seat trim and graphics
• Color: Black & Yellow

XT™ PACKAGE
• BRP XL 4000 winch with roller fairlead, wired remote control and integrated winch remote storage
• 14-inch cast-aluminum wheels
• Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires
• Heavy-duty front bumper
• Rugged bed rails
• Mudguards
• Analog / digital gauge
• Custom steering wheel with brushed aluminum center part
• Colors: Red & Yellow

·
Registered
11 Posts
Which is better, the 12 inch aluminum wheels that are on the X model or the 14 inch that are on the XT? If I'm right, the 12 inch have 26 tires and the 14 has 28 tires. Doesn't that give the XT more ground clearance? I'm thinking of just getting the basic 1000 model and add the larger wheel/tire option. I'm not interested in the winch because I have never used it on my Outlander Max and it's just more cost and weight. I'm I crazy?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Which is better, the 12 inch aluminum wheels that are on the X model or the 14 inch that are on the XT? If I'm right, the 12 inch have 26 tires and the 14 has 28 tires. Doesn't that give the XT more ground clearance? I'm thinking of just getting the basic 1000 model and add the larger wheel/tire option. I'm not interested in the winch because I have never used it on my Outlander Max and it's just more cost and weight. I'm I crazy?
They all come with 26" tires. If you get your 650lb quad stuck, you can manhandle it out usually. Get a 1300lb SSV stuck, and you will be sitting awhile without a winch ;) Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

12" beadlocks or 14" alloys? Preference really, but the beadlocks will get you home from the nastiest of nasties, where a popped bead on a standard wheel could leave you stranded or making a messy trailside fix.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
xt and the x come with 27" not 26" tires
Jody, there is some confusion on this since they have listed both sizes for the xt with 14 inch wheels and x with 12 inch wheels. Since they currently do not make the Bighorn 2.0 in a 27 inch size for either wheel, I think it's likely they will be 26's on both models. We don't even have a pre order listing in the system for a 27 inch bighorn 2.0, so unless it's a new tire being introduced on the commander, I think we will see 26's on them. Maybe someone who has seen them in person can verify/dispute?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I generally choose wheel/tire size based on the terrain I'm riding. I typically ride rocky, more technical terrain and run 12" wheels with 27" bighorns. The extra sidewall just adds to the comfort of the ride, just be cautious of clearance issues in the wheel well.

I heard the bolt pattern is going to 4X137 but need to verify before purchasing extras.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I generally choose wheel/tire size based on the terrain I'm riding. I typically ride rocky, more technical terrain and run 12" wheels with 27" bighorns. The extra sidewall just adds to the comfort of the ride, just be cautious of clearance issues in the wheel well.

I heard the bolt pattern is going to 4X137 but need to verify before purchasing extras.
They are 4/137. I have already sold 2 kits for them (but had to swap out lug nuts since the original info I had said it would be 12mm studs (like the big red and teryx), but then found out they are 10 mm studs like all other can SMS, yamahas,).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts