Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Commander that has 2500 miles on it. I have put on a set of tracks this winter and I,m looking at installing a new belt and clutch system. Any suggestions please.
Thank you,

·
Registered
96 Posts

I can't speak to an aftermarketclutch, but I can for the belt: I'd recommend the Maverick performance belt(Can-Am part number 422280364) which fitsthe Commander. The retail price is $169 but it can be found frequently onAmazon for less

Reactions: acefire

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I’ve been running the maverick belt for the last 2000 miles and it has held up fine.

I have stock clutches and put new rollers, buttons and a low speed engagement spring in about a year ago and it does fine for me. If I were going to go with aftermarket clutches I would get a qsc primary and stm secondary. You will lose some engine breaking (or haveto learn a little new throttle technique to keep the breaking engaged).

I don’t have tracks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slowindow, I picked up the Maverick belt and a heavy duty spring today. Installed both. I will let everyone know how it all works out. Thank you for the input.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Maverick 364 belt.

Dalton lower speed engagement primary spring.

UATV-TECH's clutch lock-up mod.

New one way sealed bearing.

This short list should do it.

-Kris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All, I have installed a new Maverick 364 belt and a brown clutch spring. It is working a lot better now. Made a run to one of my tower sites in deep snow and had no slipping. Thank all of you for you help on this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts