1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
It's still a artic cat and the Only thing it's got going for it is the Yamaha motor.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
It has a locker.

It will be interesting to see how the team rapid response cvt does. The belt is long compared to can am, might keep it cooler.

I'm intrigued.

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
To wide fit the woods . And at 77" wide it should have 36" of travel not 22". Just another fur ball coughed up on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Artic cats around my area have as much respect as the chinese utv's. Dealers don't want them and the closes dealer to me went bankrupt and now just does service work.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
As Ed said if Gordon had his paws in there it will be a real
off-road buggy. I'm just not a cat fan. Not liking the look either.

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
Looks like it is a 64" unit with long travel that will take it to the wide 74" . I like the rear trailing arms . It all looks very heavy duty . All mounting points are double shear . The Yamaha engine will be better than a cat but on the Yamaha alphabet machine the rods are very skinny . I would like a 200 hp 64" unit

Just look at these rear arms . Damn , they are built

I like it , cat snowmobiles were total crap in the 90's but now are close to bullet proof . If they can give some reliability to the dirt segment it sure will help sales . The quads and sxs have been terrible for quality around here .

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
And heavy duty

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
That's what brp had to get rid of to make a machine that could handle.

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
Really , better look at the X3 . Trailing arm's in the back

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
Desert race trucks have trailing arm rear suspension

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
They are using single point with radius bars . Same as popo and the wild cat. Not a two arm. That's in a fixed position no way to adjust caster or chamber .

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
But the big question is ::: did they do a good job of building it and use quality material . Or is it stuff that needs to be covered in a litter box

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
It looks a lot like a general with a smaller non tilting bed, serious suspension and undercarriage. The company that just bought ac is a pretty big company so maybe qc will be up.

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
If it's long enough , it will be fine . If they are to short , it will be a choppy ride

1 - 20 of 51 Posts