1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
It's still a artic cat and the Only thing it's got going for it is the Yamaha motor.

·
Administrator
27,472 Posts
To wide fit the woods . And at 77" wide it should have 36" of travel not 22". Just another fur ball coughed up on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
Looks like it is a 64" unit with long travel that will take it to the wide 74" . I like the rear trailing arms . It all looks very heavy duty . All mounting points are double shear . The Yamaha engine will be better than a cat but on the Yamaha alphabet machine the rods are very skinny . I would like a 200 hp 64" unit

Just look at these rear arms . Damn , they are built

I like it , cat snowmobiles were total crap in the 90's but now are close to bullet proof . If they can give some reliability to the dirt segment it sure will help sales . The quads and sxs have been terrible for quality around here .

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
And heavy duty

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
Really , better look at the X3 . Trailing arm's in the back

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
Desert race trucks have trailing arm rear suspension

·
Administrator
27,472 Posts
They are using single point with radius bars . Same as popo and the wild cat. Not a two arm. That's in a fixed position no way to adjust caster or chamber .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
But the big question is ::: did they do a good job of building it and use quality material . Or is it stuff that needs to be covered in a litter box

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
It looks a lot like a general with a smaller non tilting bed, serious suspension and undercarriage. The company that just bought ac is a pretty big company so maybe qc will be up.

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
If it's long enough , it will be fine . If they are to short , it will be a choppy ride

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.