Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 2012 Can-Am 1000 Limited, wondering what suggestions everyone has as to must purchase accessories, or "ought to have" purchases?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The power steering is the same for all the models you'll just have to relocate the speaker on the drivers side. To my understanding most people have just moved it a little bit to make room. I can't speak from experience yet but hoping to put PS in my LTD fairly soon.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Thes guys are spot on....if you are trail riding you need to protect the body...rear bumper,arm protectors,skid plates,rock slides,eyeball protectors....I need power
steering as well....very soon...SPARE BELT....wrap exhaust....shorter bolt to change belt

·
Registered
236 Posts
Everybody has the right idea but I would also get full skids HID light bar if you ride at night it's like riding in the day

·
Registered
27 Posts
Atv outfitters were good for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
winch

Just purchased a new 2012 Can-Am 1000 Limited, wondering what suggestions everyone has as to must purchase accessories, or "ought to have" purchases?
I suggest having the multimount winch option from BRP. I have it on my Limited and it is super convenient. I haven't had to use it yet, but with these heavy machines, having this option can only make life easier if you are ever going to do any kind of riding to where you are going to GET STUCK. check out this link:

HITCHES & WINCHES - Can Am ATV

You would need the 2" front receiver and multimount winch kit. It comes with a new wiring harness for the winch so you will have quick disconnect plugs at the front and rear of the machine. I am not sure how hard or easy this is to install, the dealership did mine.

I plan to add power steering to mine as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i would sell the factory roof to me for cheep and then get an Audio Forms roof, or any other roof i dint care lol :icon_wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
1) Protection- skids and bumpers
2) Lights- I'm going with roof mounted ADV Monster lights front and rear- 20% off with a group buy going right now and are pretty cheap dollar/lumen ratio
3) Sound deadening material- I like to be able to carry on a conversation and am about 80% done with putting sound deadening (dynamat type material) on the panels under the seats/center console
4) Clutches- go faster a burn less belts
5) Tires
6) Power Steering
7) Plow
8) Tracks
9) Enclosed cab and possibly heater

That's what I think the ideal order is, but not exactly how I went about it- had the sound deadening stuff and still undecided on which Factory UTV skids to go with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts