Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since I finished my paint job last week I decided I really like the new black color and I'm gonna keep it this way for a while. I like the look I have now, but I have noticed that the murdered out/blacked out look is on everything these days. So I am tossing around the idea of doing something a little different. Let me know what you think. The one on the right is how I have it now and the one on the left is what I think I may do just to be a little different.

·
Registered
285 Posts
White looks good!!!!

GO HOGS GO!!!!!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I painted my bead lock rings for the same reason, almost to much black. Im still mixed about it. I do like the white though...

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
White

·
Registered
242 Posts
white plus the front bumper

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. I think Im going to send them to the powder coater next week.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Im going all black like you did, but it think im going to try the gloss, and chrome rims and decals. hope that looks good. Black and chrome usually look good together.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@darrell, I did a mock up of the red wheels and didn't like it too much. Too bold I guess.

@Ramler, chrome and black always look good together. I'm just not a chrome guy unless its on a Harley. Im a sucker for chrome and black Harleys.

·
Registered
213 Posts
thats why i am going to do it, match my bike and pick up. Kinda feel like a chic talking about matching stuff like they do there shoes and other crap lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like that all black. But at the same time I think all black is getting kind of played out. That being said I am putting black wheels on mine just because its yellow and all the trim is black.

I think the white would be a cool change.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats exactly what I was thinking. The all black seems to be everywhere lately. I also always see white bikes with black wheels or white bikes with white wheels. I don't think I have seen any black bikes with white wheels. Does anybody know where I can get some white springs for the XT suspension? Or should I just have them sanded and powdercoated as well?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I would spray bomb them!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think they will hold up very long being under the fenders. I did think about actually plasti dipping them in the original dip. Isn't that what's on them anyways from the factory?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
powdercoated from the factory

·
Registered
716 Posts
White looks good. But remember how much mud you go through.... Black with brown springs and brown rims is what you will have.

IMO pointless to paint them white. They will never be white.

First 5 mins of every ride they will be brown.

Stiff

Tapatalk using iPad.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I had wheels similar and the bead locks were polished aluminum. Problem was if I got in really deep mud it was like sand paper.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts