Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, me and a buddy need some help for his commander. Installed a boss 4 speaker amplifier Bluetooth system. Read online we good tap Into the green wire on the winch switch to get constant power when the commander is on. Hooked up to it, screwed in a ground to the metal bar in there started it up fine but no power went to the system so we pushed the winch button and everything shut off. After this i disconnected it all and attempted to start it up again and all I got was relay clicking. I’m pretty positive it’s the main relay clicking. When I turn the key it goes through it’s full start up and everything then when I hit the start button nothing but clicking. Does anyone know exactly what we spliced into or what we should do to fix it?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Start by checking ALL of the fuses, then check ALL connections on the main starter wire.

I put a T-tap on the positive wire of the 12volt power outlet. Its a keyed circuit.
Hope this helps.

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of the fuses I checked with the multimeter and they are good. I have to check the connections you mentioned. How do you tell which is the positive one. I feel like I was looking for a wire like the one you t-taped into but there was a red with yellow stripe and a red with darker red stripe.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Connect a test light to negative terminal of battery. Check the 2 wires in question, when the light comes on that’s your man!
On mine there was a actual plug for OEM stereo which you could also use. Would be a better option for amp draw I would think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up being a relay that blew. Plugged a new one in and it worked good. Also ordered a stereo switch. Ran a power line strait to battery. And a ground to the metal support bracket behind console and it worked perfect. Thanks for help guys. Next is to tackle a light bar and some led strips for the interior

1 - 5 of 5 Posts