Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone is running a narrower belt or what they are doing. Because when my commander warms up it gets difficult to shift in between gears if I have to put into reverse or vise versa. It seems like the stock commander belt with that primary clutch there’s too much tension on it even when it’s cold and it rides higher in between the clutches

·
Registered
161 Posts
Best get a hold of v force John. If anyone is running one in the forum they haven’t admitted they are.
Well, I will admit it, been running one for a few years. Best low speed crawling setup I've tried.
OP, have you tried running it with the cover off? Is the belt rubbing on either side at idle and does the bearing spin freely?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have checked with cover off and it doesn’t seem like the belt is rubbing on either side but seems to sit higher in the clutches and bearing seems fine. Had machine to dealer and they think the same. They believe Maybe a narrower belt so it would sit lower in the clutches. I wonder if I would be better off just going back to the factory clutch problem is I don’t have the factory clutch I need to find one.

·
Super Moderator
23,714 Posts
What belt you running? And with cover off and it running in park is the secondary turning ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts