Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 commander 800 xt. I was towing a small trailer around my yard and got the brake message in the dash and goes into limp mode. I replaced the brake switch and topped off the brake fluid and still the message is there. Where do I look at next?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I have a 2012 commander 800 xt. I was towing a small trailer around my yard and got the brake message in the dash and goes into limp mode. I replaced the brake switch and topped off the brake fluid and still the message is there. Where do I look at next?
Maybe disconnect the battery and reset? That’s all I’ve got. Somebody that knows will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
When it comes back on use left foot to pull up on brake pedal and see if limp model kicks off.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You could disconnect the wires at the master cylinder. The message should go away, brake lights should go out, not start in gear with pedal, etc. You could check resistance on the master cylinder side. You should show close to 0 ohms with brake pedal depressed, infinity when pedal is released. If brake lights are still on with master cylinder disconnected, you may have a short in the wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts