Can-Am Commander Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Guys are you sure its not the tilt lever mechanism for the bed?

·
Registered
12,909 Posts
My stock muffler had a inside rattle From day one . But I didn't care as the stock stuff came off when I added a rear winch and dual exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Guys are you sure its not the tilt lever mechanism for the bed?
Mine makes the same annoying rattle, and it's def coming from the muff... After getting fed up with it, I spent the better part of a day checking nuts, bolts, brackets, pipe clearances, spark arrestor, muffler springs, dump box handle, etc., and it's def coming from inside the muff... Mine is usually at start up when cold, and usually goes away when the engine warms up, and or I drive it for a bit... But it's always there on a cold start up... Very impressive when you fire up the bike getting ready to roll it off the trailer for a trail ride... Really makes 'em envious... :sad

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have brand new 1000xt and it had the rattle right off the trailer when I brought it home. It sounds like an exhaust vibration to me as well. Only at low rpm when the engine starts taking a load. I hear the box on the back rattling all the time...but this noise is defineatly metal on metal...very irritating as I see to be at low rpm a lot on rough trails. Only 140 km on machine...hope to find cause soon!!
I have brand new 1000xt and it had the rattle right off the trailer when I brought it home. It sounds like an exhaust vibration to me as well. Only at low rpm when the engine starts taking a load. I hear the box on the back rattling all the time...but this noise is defineatly metal on metal...very irritating as I see to be at low rpm a lot on rough trails. Only 140 km on machine...hope to find cause soon!!
Hi mate, did you ever figure out what the rattle was from ?
I have a 2013 commander 800 with the same rattle and it has been driving me crazy since new.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts