·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Put a straightpipe on it lol

·
Registered
12,909 Posts
Put a straightpipe on it lol

I like the duals with the used mufflers from a mav . Sounds cool and looks great and makes room for a winch . That back winch is like a best friend that has your back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,909 Posts
Each cylinder has a head pipe that ends with a doughnut . . Both end close to the sway bar , and that's where I made my two little pipes for the two mufflers .
I can post a pic if you want

·
Registered
12,909 Posts
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle
Auto part Coil spring Suspension part Pipe Vehicle
Coil spring Suspension part Motor vehicle Auto part Suspension
Coil spring Yellow Auto part Suspension part Suspension
Auto part Bumper Rust Steel
Auto part Suspension Vehicle Suspension part Automotive exterior

Ask and you shall receive my friend

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I bought a complete Mav exhaust system locally for $50 but haven't had a chance to work on the machine yet. Is there is a reason why the mufflers are angled outward? Or was it just easier that way?

·
Registered
12,909 Posts
The rear shocks needed to have clearance from the pipes . Didn't want the shocks to get cooked and the rear of the cans are out far enough that the box will tip without hitting .
If you build a set you will see Lol

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Have you noticed any difference in heat around rear diff? It seems to me that big stock muffler right behind the rearend and surrounded by the lower bed and such must have an effect on it just curious and I need one excuse/reason to do this lol.

·
Registered
12,909 Posts
I don't have any heat on the diff

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have brand new 1000xt and it had the rattle right off the trailer when I brought it home. It sounds like an exhaust vibration to me as well. Only at low rpm when the engine starts taking a load. I hear the box on the back rattling all the time...but this noise is defineatly metal on metal...very irritating as I see to be at low rpm a lot on rough trails. Only 140 km on machine...hope to find cause soon!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Troy do those pipes make it sound like a mav or are the cams and different heads where that sound comes from? My yoshi slip on sounds horrible and loud, I have cleaned the spark arrester and still sounds like theres a metal flap loose that really sounds off above about 3k rpm :(

·
Registered
12,909 Posts
On my mander it's the mav mufflers that is giving it the nice sound
I built four different dual exhausts for it and I like the mav cans the best .
And the used mav cans are cheap to buy !!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts