Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as you all know mud nats is right around the corner, with my commander going in for its 10 hour service this weekend im thinkin about biting the bullet and buying a set of tires,, I have it narrowed down to 29.5 outlaw2s,Terms, or 30 inch silverbacks or moto monsters(just really a matter of what tire i can get the best price on). I saw the huge supply of tires stacked up last year and was wondering if anyone here had bought tires from a vendor at mud nationals,and how the prices compared to buying at a dealer or online? I want tires by then but if i can save a few bucks they can wait till i get there.. what do yall think?:confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't know what the price is if you buy them it mud nats, but If tour close you are to Baton Rouge you can go to kirks and talk with Ronnie. He has good prices

·
Registered
339 Posts
I u want new tires don't get them at nats, buy them online, or I'm not sure where at in la u are but catovs usually has a good selection. They are located in Shreveport. I think state line customs has tires also. If u want a good price on some damn near new 30in silverbacks I've got a set I'm looking to sell. I've got pics posted in the for sale section

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just bought a set of 29.5 OL2's from Kirks in Baton Rouge today. He had just got quite a few sets in. I got the 9.5 fronts and 11 backs tax and all for $760.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Can't wait to see it hellfire, we will have to do it again sometime,

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Most all the prices at nationals are MSRP. You will find better prices at a local shop. Ronnie at Kirks in Baton Rouge has the best prices and selection I have seen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I brought it over to the guys in beaumont texas yesterday and got my 10 hour service done,, 259 bucks,they said they would need to order the tires first so im gonna give kirk a call and see about what he can do for me, i appreciate all the input! Josh if you still have those 30s i may be headed your way shortly,, Got picked on last night for being all stock from my rhino buddies lol I wont be that way much longer,,its under construction, started the plastidip process and workin on my radio and top now,, Ill post some pictures as soon as i makes some progress..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just pm me

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:partsin01:well its been a little longer than i wanted it to be but I finally got some new rubbers!!! I searched online, shops, dealerships and kirks in baton rouge really gave me the best deal. I went this morning and picked up some new 14x7 msa diesels with 29.5 outlaw 2s skinny/wides for $1100. took them about 30 minutes and i had em loaded up.Got em mounted on my commander this evening and I gotta say it really changed the look of my bike, no lift, no trimming, and had about a half inch to spare between the tire and rocker plastics. so far really happy with them. guess Ill see how the axles and belt like the new additions lol. thanks for all the info yall,

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Very nice.. Changes the whole look. I have the same tires on Douglas Diablos.. Can't wait to get them on my Commander. Got them (tires) from Kirks as well for $763.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Looks awesome boomhower. Somewhat familiar. lol. I talked to Ronnie at Kirks the other day. He said he currently has all the OL2s around. Even Highlifter won't have any at mud nationals because he bought all their stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts