Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by Verado View Post
Do you recommend your 1180 BBK, Maverick heads & intake (with re-flash)? Bore my throttle body or Mav? Do you have dyno or projected hp & torque gains from this type of build on a Commander? My Commander Limited is street legal and not a race SxS. After recently installing the Maverick differential, I would also like to keep stock exhaust and enjoy the quiet ride! But I'd still very much like to have 100+ "reliable" hp as well. Please e-mail me "bundle options" with pricing and availability.
Thanks for your time and expertise.
I'd recommend my 1180 kit, mav heads, either mav intake, or my commander/atv intake.

Are you meaning 100rear wheel hp, or engine hp?

I ad here, so I can ad prices openly, my 1180 kit is $1850. my intake is $375 alum, $400mag, all my cams are $300, reflash is $500.

Get with BRP on pricing for mav heads, but I think retail around $1800/pr

Home of custom Rotax high performance engine parts!

Big bore kits, Cams, Intakes, Valves, Springs, Billet Steel Rods, Aluminum Rods, Billet Jugs, Billet Oil Cooler Adapters, Installation

Mr. RPM,

I didn't mean to take over "shaft saver" tread, so I moved this to yours. I would only like to see 100 plus crank hp (not rwhp) as I stated earlier this is not a race mod, I want a VERY RELIABLE engine performance upgrade. I ride with several Maverick/XP1k's and believe I have my suspension issues resolved, just need a little more engine to stay competitive. LOL, I believe I can purchase a complete Maverick long block for $5k (thoughts anyone)? If I scheduled this ahead of time, could you install your flash, BBK, heads, cams, TB and intake in one day if I brought it to your shop and do you have a package price for all these mods installed? We have a vacation planned to ride in WV in April, perhaps we could work something out due to my location in Michigan. :)

Best Regards,

Verado

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok, so only around 70 or so rwhp? That should be easy, after the reflash.
As far as tb, I don't think they'll help any, since the stock one is so big anyway, way bigger than necessary. If you want a bigger tb, they sell on ebay for usually less than $50. so no need in boring them.

You can buy Maverick motors complete on ebay, for less than $3000. They make 70 rwhp, and that may be the easiest way to up the power, totally stock.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks, that helps me a lot (I really appreciate your honesty and not just trying to sell products that may not fit my requirements) and that's also why you'll get my business! Will your re-flash provide any performance increase to me in my current stock form (air/fuel increase)? I'm currently running STM Rage VI primary and STM secondary and I have added weight to keep it around @ 7,900-8,200 rpm's with K&N Air Filter w/stock air box. Will this still be the peak torque after re-flash or what do you recommend for clutching or best results with this flash upgrade? Do you think the turn around would be 5 business days or less from ship to receive if I pull it out today and ship it tomorrow?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks, that helps me a lot (I really appreciate your honesty and not just trying to sell products that may not fit my requirements) and that's also why you'll get my business! Will your re-flash provide any performance increase to me in my current stock form (air/fuel increase)? I'm currently running STM Rage VI primary and STM secondary and I have added weight to keep it around @ 7,900-8,200 rpm's with K&N Air Filter w/stock air box. Will this still be the peak torque after re-flash or what do you recommend for clutching or best results with this flash upgrade? Do you think the turn around would be 5 business days or less from ship to receive if I pull it out today and ship it tomorrow?
As far as the reflash making power, it will not, since the timing & fuel stays the same. You can adjust the timing & fuel with a tuner.
You want to clutch at peak power, not peak torque, but either way, 7900 & higher is way past peak power in a stock Commander motor. I'd clutch for around 7400rpms, with a stock motor.

I flash as soon as I get it, ship right back out, by whatever method you choose. As far as it getting there, no idea, you know how shipping goes, once I ship it, it's on them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Right now my machine will go into limp home mode if I slam the throttle wide open
I just shut it off and restart
I have many mods maverick intake, 2 mm bigger throttle body, open exhaust, power commander auto tune and a few others
Was wanting to change cam but I feel the CPU holding it back

Is this the fix?
will your cams now work with this mod?
Can you program a new base tune for your cam installed?
FYI the OEM Mav cams drop right into the commander, I have them in mine

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Right now my machine will go into limp home mode if I slam the throttle wide open
I just shut it off and restart
I have many mods maverick intake, 2 mm bigger throttle body, open exhaust, power commander auto tune and a few others
Was wanting to change cam but I feel the CPU holding it back

Is this the fix?
will your cams now work with this mod?
Can you program a new base tune for your cam installed?
FYI the OEM Mav cams drop right into the commander, I have them in mine
along with & your results are ?-?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hard to say I know I gained a few hundred RPMs but Airdam has been helping my tune my STM rage 6 so it's hard to say exactly what the gains are.

I have the K&T box, PCV, weller syle intake, Big gun single exhaust. My top Rpms are at 7800-7900

But I've been interested in this reflash since I seen him post this on the Mav forums.

So this will allow us to run a BBK Mr RPM

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes, you can run whatever you want. There is no throttle closing, except for rev limit, or when you let off.

·
Registered
771 Posts
What's the estimated hp gain on your big bore kits? You can pm me if you like, I promise I won't hold you to it,

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have installed them with cams, better heads, different heads, more compression, Powercommanders, Fuel Monsters, Muzzy pipes, HMF pipes, slip-on pipes, turbos, nitrous, ran them on different fuels, different injectors, different intakes, bigger valves, ported heads, I can go on and on

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well I already have the power commander with auto tune, I have a rage 6 , have a big gun exhaust, have a weller style intake, and I'm wondering what I'm looking at performance wise for one of your kits. Also I want to keep reliability and don't want it to be a 50 hr motor before I need a rebuild. Obviously I will need the reflash.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Nobody installs just a big bore kit, they at least usually do cams.
I have never did a bbk in a mav, prolly some of my customers have, but I have not, with the exception of the 1105 kit with a screw blower in mine.
In an atv, I did a 1180 with Mav heads, my race cams, Tunemonster for tuning, made 100RWHP

·
Registered
41 Posts
Greg's ecu flash really works!!!! just had it donew before our 2nd race of the season and yes it works!!!! So glad I did this.race start help big time and the axle saver gone was huge, never kicked in and was able to control tons better ....thanks again.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Great! Good to hear feedback. I don't think some people realize what a big help the throttle control is on their machine, esp when racing.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts