·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, I can reflash your stock ecu to race trim, it will include;

raise rev limit to 8500rpms
Low range limit 8500 RPM
No speed limit in low range
No torque limit on acceleration ( halfshaft saver removed)
Race start (Throttle opening while cranking allowed)
FAN activation at 167°F (75°C)
Engine and air temperature limp limit raised (limp home at 248°F (120°C) only)
no vehicle speed limit
100% throttle in low range, no need for sport low mod, & gear position on display reads correctly.
Allow gas & brake at the same time
Right now, I have two tunes, 8500RPM rev limit, or 9500RPM rev limit, otherwise the same.

This will cost $500. to reflash your stock ecu to MRRPM race specs.
I can change timing, fuel, and have different rev limit, if desired, for $50. more
The ecu can be reflashed back to stock if necessary.
I can also do Mavericks, & the G2 atv's

Ask any questions in this thread you need

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Can you reflash to handle forced induction?

·
Registered
431 Posts
What's the turn around time for this? Is there any benefits to a stock motor with a Pipe & Clutch?

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you ever look at etec outboard and can do something to it. Give me a shout. I'd love to have some of this done to it. I figure being brp it's similar.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's the turn around time for this? Is there any benefits to a stock motor with a Pipe & Clutch?
I flash them as soon as they come to me, & ship back however you want.
As far as benefits, they are listed above. The engine tuning stays as stock, just removes the limiters BRP put in, so us gearheads are happy.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yes, if you mean to where it won't alarm when boost comes on?
More specifically recalibrate to a 2 Bar MAP sensor and add extra fuel while in boost and retard timing. Basically not using any sort of aftermarket engine controller.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'd like the emm modified where it run more air and fuel. Remove the rev limiter. The EPA really have these motors cranked down. Also in Neutral in won't let you rev it up. I'd like to see that removed My motor doesn't have warranty. So I'm really wanting to do what it takes to get more out of it. Etec guys won't touch them for job security. You think you could do anything to it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Or you could go deeper in the motor besides in the computer. A lot of guys here in racing are able to put bigger carbs and port the engine and lighten fly wheels. I know with direct injection you got to start with the emm software to get the rest. So whatever I know it's not your specialty but these things are brp and there's not much difference between the brp products

·
Registered
117 Posts
Right now my machine will go into limp home mode if I slam the throttle wide open
I just shut it off and restart
I have many mods maverick intake, 2 mm bigger throttle body, open exhaust, power commander auto tune and a few others
Was wanting to change cam but I feel the CPU holding it back

Is this the fix?
will your cams now work with this mod?
Can you program a new base tune for your cam installed?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes, if you mean to where it won't alarm when boost comes on?
More specifically recalibrate to a 2 Bar MAP sensor and add extra fuel while in boost and retard timing. Basically not using any sort of aftermarket engine controller.

There's no reason to do that. I could tune it on the dyno, then burn to the ecu, but why?? If you were to make any changes in the engine, you'd hafta reburn it. Just install an aftermarket controller, or maybe more appropriate, an aftermarket ecu, tune & go, make changes to the engine, & make your changes to the controller.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right now my machine will go into limp home mode if I slam the throttle wide open
I just shut it off and restart
I have many mods maverick intake, 2 mm bigger throttle body, open exhaust, power commander auto tune and a few others
Was wanting to change cam but I feel the CPU holding it back

Is this the fix?
Can you program a new base tune for your cam installed?
What is the code, when in limp?
Why not just install an aftermarket ecu & go. No limp or anything, simply do what you want to the engine, & tune.

·
Registered
117 Posts
In all honesty I like the throttle control in regular mode for bumpy trails and being able to hit sport mode to drive hard

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In all honesty I like the throttle control in regular mode for bumpy trails and being able to hit sport mode to drive hard

They will fit, as will any cam designed for these family of engines.
As of right now, I don't have any cams specifically for this engine.

·
Registered
179 Posts
can someone tell me how to take the part out he needs to reflash? I am interested in this just to get my top end back at the very least.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
can someone tell me how to take the part out he needs to reflash? I am interested in this just to get my top end back at the very least.
The ecu is right above your left leg, as you sit in the machine, two big wire harnesses connecting to it, three bolts to remove.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't know the code
Never checked it
Just shut off and restart

How do we make transaction?
Shipping address?
PayPal?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so will i have any need for my k&t program plug and play adapter?
No, since that is basically a BRP gizmo, or does the same thing as one, anyway. My standard reflash raises rev limiter, which no box does.

If there's something in my reflash you want done, I can do it for $50. more, since that is custom.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts