Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Commander 1000x, MrRpm flash, Bollax lock up mod, RacerTech Springs, light bar, winch.
6 Posts
Nitrous!!!
I don't blame you for wanting good pistons, especially for nitrous.

What kind of nitrous kit are you looking to use? I know Nitrous Express makes a kit for the Maverick's and I assume it will fit the Commander since the throttle bodies are identical...

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
215 Posts
I have all maverick intake, motor and all. I've used a bunch of Jeff the bombs nitrous kits, which he uses nitrous outlet on most parts, with his setup dobeck controller to add the fuel needed through the injectors when the shot is added, and its a very simple setup and works great. I have the same setup on my outlander.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How much of an improvement was the long travel? I am looking at getting the Lonestar MTS kit in a month or two.

And I agree with you, more power is always more fun. The sand is definitely the one place you need more power constantly. I am curious to know how the OP likes the MR RMP kit, I am going to follow his steps with that kit as well.
The long travel made it a different machine. It rides so much better. I don't bottom out on whoops. I like it. I paid $5500 for it though and would not put that kind of money in a Commander now. I got it done by Magnum in Vista. I imagine you can buy a kit and do it cheaper yourself, but at some point selling and buying a machine with more power and better suspension enters the equation.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts