Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Commander 1000XT

I am looking for more low and mid power. It is stock and I started with a upgraded air filter and wanted to add a good quality muffler system. HMF has a full header and exhaust that fixed my Suzuki 500 King Quad's power issues.

Any advice to fix the low to mid power I'm looking for?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,472 Posts
Air filter swap does nothing. Exhaust may help on top but not on bottom. Best option is clutch kit or aftermarket clutch. Aftermarket clutch is more low end bokt on. Clutch kit just takes the power you got and puts more of it to the ground.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Air filter swap does nothing. Exhaust may help on top but not on bottom. Best option is clutch kit or aftermarket clutch. Aftermarket clutch is more low end bokt on. Clutch kit just takes the power you got and puts more of it to the ground.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I was just looking at clutch kits and some videos on how they work and what they do. A handful of people mentioned they get the low/mid power they were looking for but they loose top end 3-5mph at full speed. I don't really have the need to go 70mph, unless were jumping trails via the highway. Just to ask you opinion, would think adding a quality muffler would add to the top end? Sorta getting the best of both worlds? Clutch kit for the low to mid power and the exhaust for the helping out with the top end?

Thanks again for the input

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was just looking at clutch kits and some videos on how they work and what they do. A handful of people mentioned they get the low/mid power they were looking for but they loose top end 3-5mph at full speed. I don't really have the need to go 70mph, unless were jumping trails via the highway. Just to ask you opinion, would think adding a quality muffler would add to the top end? Sorta getting the best of both worlds? Clutch kit for the low to mid power and the exhaust for the helping out with the top end?

Thanks again for the input
Clutch kits … will make it feel like it has more power. Like Ace said..”it puts the power to the ground more efficiently”. I come from a sled background and have done multiple clutching setups on several different machines. (Sleds and side by sides). it’s worth the money in my opinion. I’m not aware of anyone that makes an exhaust system for the 21+ commander yet. The yoshi maverick exhaust won’t fit. (Different header part numbers, I checked ). I have the upgraded Twin air can am filter in mine. I did see on YouTube that EVO now has tunes available for the new commanders. Check out the “M3 Off-road “ channel. If your looking for more ponies … that’s probably what you’d want at this point. I personally hope that the EVO tune will allow “sport” mode in low range. Their description of what it actually does it kind of vague on their website. I’ll do more homework before I pull the trigger on it. At the end of the day… tunes/ mufflers… will only net you a tiny bit. The stock fuel injectors can only handle so much. Know what I mean? Hope this helps. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Clutch kits … will make it feel like it has more power. Like Ace said..”it puts the power to the ground more efficiently”. I come from a sled background and have done multiple clutching setups on several different machines. (Sleds and side by sides). it’s worth the money in my opinion. I’m not aware of anyone that makes an exhaust system for the 21+ commander yet. The yoshi maverick exhaust won’t fit. (Different header part numbers, I checked ). I have the upgraded Twin air can am filter in mine. I did see on YouTube that EVO now has tunes available for the new commanders. Check out the “M3 Off-road “ channel. If your looking for more ponies … that’s probably what you’d want at this point. I personally hope that the EVO tune will allow “sport” mode in low range. Their description of what it actually does it kind of vague on their website. I’ll do more homework before I pull the trigger on it. At the end of the day… tunes/ mufflers… will only net you a tiny bit. The stock fuel injectors can only handle so much. Know what I mean? Hope this helps. Lol.

I do indeed. I did see a video where they add a turbo to the 21 Maverick Unlimited, the one with the leather seats, but I doubt I would want to do all of that work myself, so 5k plus sending it to Salt Lake UT, is just bat shit crazy. I might as well buy a new X3 for all that cash.
So after everything I have seen and read, a clutch kit, which I have the tools for, and mess with my spring load settings, and maybe do a tune since I ride at 5,000ft - 9000ft and dial things in.

I am pretty happy with my ride and don't really have anything negative to say about it. So for now keep it simple and play around with it and dial it.

Thanks for all the help Mayhem, you give good advice and it's much appreciated

·
Registered
175 Posts
I do indeed. I did see a video where they add a turbo to the 21 Maverick Unlimited, the one with the leather seats, but I doubt I would want to do all of that work myself, so 5k plus sending it to Salt Lake UT, is just bat shit crazy. I might as well but a new X3 for all that cash.
So after everything I have seen and read, a clutch kit, which I have the tools for, and mess with my spring load settings, and maybe do a tune since I ride at 5,000ft - 9000ft and dial things in.

I am pretty happy with my ride and don't really have anything negative to say about it. So for now keep it simple and play around with it and dial it.

Thanks for all the help Mayhem, you give good advice and it's much appreciated
Anytime fella…. Enjoy the ride! Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts