West Virginia
It’s where our good ole boy ace lives .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
UPDATE:
well it has been 10 months. To avoid having to do a bunch of shipping I decided to have Nick Coleman build me a motor and have my ECU flashed by Ray Parker (bad choice, btw) due to upgrading the exhaust to a 2 Bros. Slip on. So after following the instructions for breaking in the motor, I then took the next 10 hours on the motor pretty easy to make sure it was definitely broke in. Up to that point, No issues. At 10 hours I changed the oil for a 10 hour service. Since then here are some issues that I have. Twice in the next 2 hours when coming to a stop the motor died on me, like it choked itself out. Both times it started back up for the most part. Which there in lies the biggest issue. Once warmed up the starter drags to point to where it won't turn the motor over. This is a problem I've always kind of had but went as far as to put a new battery in, rebuild the starter, replace the starter solenoid and switch to a dual battery to rectify this problem when the new motor was installed, yet here I am again. Unable to ride. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm at point of complete defeat. Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Administrator
27,410 Posts
What did they find wrong with the old motor. Really only two thing that cause starter to drag unless it's worn out. That's heat or motor is tightening up when it gets hot. And the tightening typically ends up being tolerances between piston and Cylinder are to tight or a bearing is trying to seize. And of course third would be timing to far advanced especially once it gets hot.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It should be. I checked the stator and something else when it was tore down. Judging by the volt meter I installed, I don't see anything that is telling me otherwise.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts