Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for side mirrors and a rearview mirror for my 2021 Commander XT. I have the factory roof and SuperATV windshield. I eventually plan to put the Can Am soft upper doors and rear panel on, so I need to find side mirrors that bolt to the cage and will allow the soft upper doors to be used. What's everyone running for mirrors on the 2021? I found the below mirrors on Rocky Mountain ATV. I can't find any other options that bolt to the cage and look like they could be used with soft upper doors.

What about a rearview mirror? I can't find one made specifically for the 2021 yet. Will any rearview mirror with a mount for a 2" roll cage work with the roof and windshield? I've seen some that have a clamp that doesn't go all the way around the roll bar. Am I better off getting one of these to avoid contact with the roof and windshield?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

·
Registered
2021 Commander XT
4 Posts
Enjoying sourcing parts for your 2021? I bet. Is it a trail or a sport? let the fun begin!

I've been pretty pleased with my DragonFire side mirrors. I was very please with the quality of construction as well as the notched articulation points. No vibration issues but they break away when smacked into a near by tree....lol. They clamp on anywhere on the cage. I ended up leaving them pretty low, which I found to provide the best visibility. They worked quite well in conjunction with the two piece windshield. The windshield mounting hardware does somewhat dictate your mounting location, I was pleased with my results.

After adding my Tusk soft upper doors ( put em on after the picture, they're fantastic) the mirrors had no effect on the door function, however the passenger mirror is slightly obstructed by the door frame. A tilt of the neck results in usability. Special note - The softdoors will be the Maverick Sport package....not the trail. I ended up with two sets due to the discrepancy.....Rocky Mountains website will recommend the trail kit, Ignoring that mistake will save you $400!

Side note - The back window was also a very nice addition.

Feel free to hit me up with any other questions....think I've added just about everything I've been able to find for the 2021 at this point. I'll post another pic with the doors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I've got the 2021 Commander XT. I ended up going with Seizmik mirrors off Ebay.

So the soft upper doors for a Maverick Sport will work on the 2021 Commander?

These?

If you search Rocky Mountains website for the 2021 commander parts, it only offers the Can Am brand upper doors, which I planned on buying, but if the Tusk ones for a maverick sport work on the new commander I will go that route. Does it matter which back window you run with the soft upper windows?

Which back window did you go with? The way I have my sound bar mounted above on the back part of the cage, i'm not sure that a polycarbonate windshield will have space to mount so I was going to go with the Can Am soft rear window so it has a little give. I really like the UTV Direct back window with the vent in it, but like I said, I don;t think it will work the way I have my sound bar mounted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts