Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into a little issue trying to install the Mav XXC rear axles on my 2015 Commander 1000. I previously installed the axle stenders but have had the threads strip out of the nut on 2 occassions.(More than likely caused by the installer lol). Well this last time the axles threads were boogered up and left me with no option other than to replace the axle. I saw previously where the XXC axles were being installed due to them being a half inch longer. I picked up an axle from SuperATV for the rear of a Mav XXC however what I didnt realize was that the outer splines going into the hub are bigger than my stock commanders hub. Im thinking I should only have to replace the rear hub on my commander to the hub from the XXC. If I am missing anything can someone please inform me. TIA!

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
You should have to replace anything. Call satv sounds like they assembled the axle with the wrong outer cv. Mav and commander use same spline count. So if it doesn’t fit it’s the wrong end. Or maybe wrong yr. There was a couple yrs that can am experimented with the wheel bearing. But it wasn’t on a 15 model pretty sure it was the 16 and 17 then went back to the original bearings . But I don’t know if they changed the hud splines on those two years or just the bearing . I do know if one of those two yrs the axles with not fit in the previous or later yr models only those two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
I just checked to confirm. 15 commander and 15 maverick xxc you the exact same outer wheel hub. Part number 705501900 both models . So something is going on with the axle you bought.

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Not sure what you paid for the axle . But the factory axle for the money are the strongest you can buy. Factory axle is 229$ full retail for the xxc axle .

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ace! I used that part number you provided and Partzilla to do some comparisons. By what I was able to gather the 2015 Commander 1000 base model/DPS/XT model all use part number 705401314. The 2015 Commander Max and XTP model used hub part # 705501900. Looks like I’ll have to update to the 705501900 wheel hub to run the XXC axles in the front and rear since mine is the 1000 DPS model commander.

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Ok so I went to partshsrk. There is only one LR hub listed . Both rear axles are the same . I check just the outer cv they are both the same on your machine. Only difference between left hub and right hub is the right hub excepts the rotor for the rear brake. The Mav had left and right rear brakes . Spline count and size are the same no matter which model 1000 or 800 commander you have . So the Mav axle from factory is same spline size and count . 11 through 15 commander axles all interchange . Until they switched the wheel bearing size . Then in 18 they went back to the same axle as 11 through 15. Your machine isn’t going to use two different axles. This has been done a thousand times over the yrs . I would call satv tomorrow and ask them for the spline count that the outer on your axle is listed to have and I would also count the splines on your old factory axle. I don’t understand why it even calls for different part number for the right rear hub on a ds model and it only calls for one on part shark listing . And there’s only one listing for a left rear not two. So splines in your left and right have to be the same. Being all three model use same axle both sides. Either way good luck . But guessing satv has dropped the ball on this one. Hope I’m wrong would hate for to to buy new hubs and then they don’t fit the satv axles either.

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Send me your address in pm. I have several good used hubs here that I know the xxc axles will fit . I will send them to you. If they work you pay the shipping. If they don’t send them back to me. That’s a lot cheaper than buying new hubs.

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@SuperATV now im even more confused because I went to the Shreveport location and this is the axle they pulled for me as an XXC axle. Am I missing something? I did confirm next to my oem commander rear axle and it was in fact 1/2 inch longer just different spline size.
Font Line Parallel Screenshot Medical equipment

· Vendor
431 Posts
@SuperATV now im even more confused because I went to the Shreveport location and this is the axle they pulled for me as an XXC axle. Am I missing something? I did confirm next to my oem commander rear axle and it was in fact 1/2 inch longer just different spline size.
View attachment 67821
Ooof! Yeah buddy, that's for the new Gen 2 Mavericks. Sorry man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts