Can-Am Commander Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Can we please get this thread back on track? Acefire when do you think you will be here to install rear differential, DOC skids and bashplate, Razorback belt temperature gauge? Thanks in advance Boogerhead.
(Crickets) lol

JustinR, Thank you sir for your time in this detailed write up on this mod install
I still owe one on the rebuild of of a 14 diff all the way to the gear box seal:smile

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Justin I know it's a pita but could you directly upload your pics. Photobucket, pos, that it is has decided to ransom everyone's pics so yours are gone. But you can directly upload them by selecting go advanced or maybe just edit and click manage attachments. Then you can upload them directly to this site where they wil stay.

·
Super Moderator
24,209 Posts
If it's easier you can text them to me and I can post them up. lol I haven't lost any pics on forum sense 2012. I just lose them from my phone .

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Ya, it's just a time consuming pain in the [email protected]# since I am a member of multiple forums and I really don't want to go through and update a bunch of crap because of photobucket. They broke the internet with this crap and I wouldn't use them if you paid me at this point.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
This is all the pics I have. Like I said earlier, I wish I would have taken a few more but I didn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Can Am Parts Guy Rear Diff Swap

I just finished swapping my rear diff with this kit. It is a solid kit. It does clear the Muzzy sport dual exhaust. The biggest pain is the transmission prop shaft bolt. I finally cut a hole in the steel skid plate for access. All the pieces are there. Cutting the forward cross member is not a lot of fun. I finally used a sawzall.

I put the entire Can Am skid plate back in place.

I am happy with it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I just finished swapping my rear diff with this kit. It is a solid kit. It does clear the Muzzy sport dual exhaust. The biggest pain is the transmission prop shaft bolt. I finally cut a hole in the steel skid plate for access. All the pieces are there. Cutting the forward cross member is not a lot of fun. I finally used a sawzall.

I put the entire Can Am skid plate back in place.

I am happy with it.
Good hard weekend on this at Glamis. Everything works great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great write up.

But $1400 clams just to have a little less noise is extreme in my book. I used Amsoil 45-90 and added the dry lube stuff (forgot the name) dropped the noise by 50%.
The mav diff is better but its still a closed diff. No help in reducing turning radius or running on the street.
Still looking of a better solution. Maybe using a rear diff out of a small compact AWD car..Subaru?

81 - 90 of 90 Posts