Can-Am Commander Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Yeah, lol, I thought I was gonna have to bail but it came on up and out. My head got a little bigger after I got out! They thought I meant to do that. On the inside I was a little shaky, but what a rush!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
On a sad note, a good friend and fellow rider in the group was killed in this spot about 3 weeks ago. He was on a 4 wheeler.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hey guys. I wanted to let you all know that I'm putting the Commander in the shop Monday to start the engine swap. Fingers crossed. Should be done by the end of the week, hopefully, without any major hiccups.

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
Take some pictures of the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

Just an update. Running a little behind but got my cast valve covers, cast water necks, and new stator cover on the Mav engine. The engine is in along with a Evo reflashed ecu. I've got an appointment weds morning to get my keys reprogrammed and hopefully start tuning by the end of the week.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Update on the engine change. I've been mechanically ready to go for 3 weeks now, but the ecm reflash has been a nightmare. After having to send it back for a second time to fix their mistake, it finally came back today. Fingers crossed that they might have actually gotten something right this time.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Who is doing the flash

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
It has been a nightmare. They told me when I shipped it it would be a 4 or 5 day turn around. Took 2 weeks the first time to get back only to come back wrong. I had no signal for the fuel pump or push to start button. I tripped checked all connections, relays, and fuses. They denied any wrong doing until I hooked a buddies ecm, ignition, and key up on mine and everything worked. Then after a sob story from them, they agreed to take it back and fix the problem. Said I would have it back in 4 or 5 days again. 3 weeks and few nasty phone calls later, I finally got it back.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

Well here it is. The Commaverick. I've still got some fine tuning to do on the clutches. It's a real blast to drive already though.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Would you do this transplant again , knowing the stress you have dealt with .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

Yes sir I would. The mechanical part of it went as planned. The stressful part came in dealing with a dealership that could not back up what they said on the ecu reflash. They finally got right when I got it back for the 2nd time, but there were still some issues that I didn't like. One being they changed my greeting message on my display on their own. Now it says my name. It would've been fine except for the fact they misspelled it and with their track record, I'm not sending it back.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Yes sir I would. The mechanical part of it went as planned. The stressful part came in dealing with a dealership that could not back up what they said on the ecu reflash. They finally got right when I got it back for the 2nd time, but there were still some issues that I didn't like. One being they changed my greeting message on my display on their own. Now it says my name. It would've been fine except for the fact they misspelled it and with their track record, I'm not sending it back.

You could just change your name to match the display.:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

You could just change your name to match the display.:icon_rolleyes:
Ikr! Funny thing is I didn't ask them to change the greeting message and they didn't ask me if they could, but after it took them a month to do what they originally said was a 4 day job, I think I'll just live with it. Lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
So the Evo flash wasnt the issue.....it was the dealer? Or was there a problem with both??
From my perspective, it seemed like more of a people problem. A lot lies and broken commitments. The flash itself seems to be fine once they got the right file in it.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts