·
Registered
12,865 Posts
top row of switches , second from the left side is a must

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I've thought about that too nick1993 but that pic was took in another state and different terrain than I normally ride. Still a Halo would be nice. It seems as though my wants out weigh my wallet from time to time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Oh ok. That's cool to be the first. I haven't decided if I'm going with the Mav diff or the torque series from MudnWheels. I've heard good things about both.

I'd get the mav diff. although i have heard very good about the mud n wheels diffs. Ive never heard of anyone ever busting a mav diff even on the big hp buggies
The reason I thought about the MudnWheels torque series is I was under the impression that it would be a direct bolt in with my factory driveshaft, but I haven't done a lot of research on the matter.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Oh ok. That's cool to be the first. I haven't decided if I'm going with the Mav diff or the torque series from MudnWheels. I've heard good things about both.

I'd get the mav diff. although i have heard very good about the mud n wheels diffs. Ive never heard of anyone ever busting a mav diff even on the big hp buggies
The reason I thought about the MudnWheels torque series is I was under the impression that it would be a direct bolt in with my factory driveshaft, but I haven't done a lot of research on the matter.

It is a complete bolt in. I think they actually have one with a full billet casing

·
Registered
226 Posts
OP, how is the swap coming along?

I was just thinking the other day how nice would it be to have that engine in my Defender! The extra HP, along with the higher RPM capability......that thing would fly!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
OP, how is the swap coming along?

I was just thinking the other day how nice would it be to have that engine in my Defender! The extra HP, along with the higher RPM capability......that thing would fly!
I've got everything ready to go. Just waiting until after Christmas before I get started. Hoping to get in the shop by the 1st or 2nd of January.

·
Registered
51 Posts
OP, best of luck! I'll be watching this! Kind of wish the commander had independent rear suspension and the Mav diff but other than that I prefer the commander

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Thx NC15. I plan on doing either a Mav diff or MudnWheels diff when this one goes.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
What is the mudnwheels diff? A stock housing with stronger internals? An xmr diff? I've never heard of it?

Mine sounds like a jet above 35mph and I'm going to replace before too long.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,003 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger I just sent the link. For the price of these kits I will just by oem and a shim kit if they are noisy. My OE still kicking and quiet at 4000 miles.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
My stock diff broke 3 times so going with a mav diff was the fix for me . I have less than a grand in the mav upgrade

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The rear diff on my 2015 Commander has about 2,300 miles on it now and is still as quite as the day I bought the machine new. I was told the 2014's and up got a rear diff upgrade. I just figure with the Mav motor it's probably not going to take it long but I'm going to run it til she blows.

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger I just sent the link. For the price of these kits I will just by oem and a shim kit if they are noisy. My OE still kicking and quiet at 4000 miles.

Sitting in the garage or herding cows and the occasional running fences at 2 M.P.H. seems to help Aces' diff exponentially! Still better than a kayak though. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I'm hoping the fact that I've never had any tire bigger than a 28 on mine will help prolong the inevitable on mine. Gotta recoup from this project before I start another.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #80

Here's a picture of a wild night with the little reliable 800r motor guys. Never flipped it but came real close. Me and the Mander were the only ones to make it through this out of a big group. I know this seems a little off subject but it poses a good question pertaining to my post. Do I really need more power? Yes.........yes I do. Note to self though.........keep the shiny side up.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts