Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I have a 2015 Commander. I'm getting ready to drop a Mav engine in it. I already have an HMF exhaust, tuner, Cvtech primary, STM secondary, Sport Low mod, and I'm sending the ECU off for a reflash. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so, how do you like it? I know I'll eventually need to do the Mav rear diff swap and I'm also planning a shock upgrade. Thx in advance for the input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! I bet it will be a blast to drive!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx. I'm really excited to try it out. The ultimate sleeper.........hopefully.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
That should be fun - the stock Mav is 16hp over the stock 1000 commander and 29hp over the stock 800, neither of which are slouches.

Are you flashing the commander ecu or did you have to get one from the mav? What about intake ducting - does the maverick allow for more air volume- if so, how did you address that?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sending the Commander ecu off for a Mav reflash so according to what I was told it should run out of the box. As far as air flow, I'm sticking with the factory Commander air box and ducting for now. I'm just going to check the a/f ratio and adjust my tuner accordingly. I might have to have a Mav intake to get the full benefit, but I'm going to try the Commander intake first considering I already have it.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good luck on your venture and keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Get the maverick intake it is a way better design. I found mine on eBay for about $100 and as far as the air box and throttle body goes that is the same.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx bstromback2002. I heard the throttle body and air box were the same. I may end up doing the Mav intake like you suggested though. I had thought about at one time going to an aftermarket air box but considering both the Mav and Commander have the same one I don't see the need. Also I've read some reviews where people said they actually lost power with an aftermarket air box. The only real concern I've had is the 2 into 1 exhaust of the Commander considering the Mav comes factory with duals. I've talked to a Can Am engine builder and he said that the Can Ams actually like the 2 into 1 exhaust and just recommended getting rid of the factory can and going to one that isn't as restricted. I went with the HMF Titan Blackout Series. I have it on the factory engine now and it really opened up the exhaust and improved the throttle response tremendously. I could have opened it a little more but I wanted something a little on the quiet side and the HMF Titan fit the bill.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Keep us updated .
I like different projects

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx acefire. Not as much a drag racer as a horsepower freak. Can't leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And acefire, I'm more of a weekend warrior with aggressive trail riding tendencies. Lol

1 - 20 of 103 Posts