Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everybody using for their master accessory power switch? I'm picking up some of the SBS panel mounts to connect some switches on either side of the steering wheel. I'd like to add a master accessory switch on it so I can kill all accessories with a swoop. I haven't (yet) left something on and drained the battery, just think it'd be a good safety thing. When it's parked in the garage I have it plugged into my battery tender.

Looking at how mine is wired, I think I'd need to do some sort of relay. I have a 6g wire going from battery to the fuse block and then each accessory is tapped into there. I'd guess I would need a 40a SPDT relay and wire it just like any other relay.

·
Super Moderator
24,937 Posts
Don’t need a relay just a master switch inline from battery to your added fuse block. Can pick up a master switch at just about any auto parts store.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at those and was hoping to find a rocker-style switch I could use (hence the relay thought). I've been pretty good about killing all the accessories after riding and I keep a jump kit with me just in case. I have one of those big battery cut offs installed in my Toyota (battery moved to the trunk, track won't let me run it without cutoff) and just can't find a nice place to put it in the Commander without it looking out of place.

·
Registered
12,787 Posts
I have a heavy duty relay that powers my secondary fuse box . When the key is off the box is dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I'm going to find me a new relay...lol.

A week after installing the new light bar and switches -- I have a vampire drain. Time to track the drain and put a big ol' relay in. I spent so much time wiring in the fuse box..... Oh well.

·
Super Moderator
24,937 Posts
Take main positive battery cable off put a test light or and kinda of 12 v light in and then start disconnecting or pulling the fuses one at a time when light goes out you have found the draw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts