Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2015 commander xt1000, has full windshield, back panel screen mesh, and getting tons of dust inside cab? any solutions? besides not riding on dry trails :funnycanam:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Stop letting people ride in front of you lol. Seriously though, I run a half windshield, mesh rear net, and shoulder height doors. This does a really good job of keeping majority of the debris out. It gets really sandy down here in FL too, lots of sugar sand flying.

·
Registered
12,916 Posts
Can you install any type of cent in the front yo push some air in the cab . I have one guy that put a vent on his roof that would scoop air and force it into the cab . Pressure keeps the dust out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I got an idea.....how about a huge water tank in the bed. Then you can hook up a sprinkler on the front to water the trails in front of you to cut down on the dust.

·
Registered
12,916 Posts
My maverick is way worse for dust than my commander . The rack on the back of the mav don't even slow the dust down . At the end of a day , the whites of your eyes and your smile is the only thing not dusty .

·
Registered
41 Posts
We are high desert to mtns,lots of dust. Very little dust when riding. Half brp windscreen, after building our (what I call half doors) don't know why but it cut down even more on the dust. Oh ya , and I cut some heavy 1/4 inch thick rubber mat to the shape of the floor,this plugs all floor holes. Made these from an old rubber bed mat. I've had people comment on why there is no dust build up like theres. So what ever ,the combo works

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got an idea.....how about a huge water tank in the bed. Then you can hook up a sprinkler on the front to water the trails in front of you to cut down on the dust.

i might try this good idea :icon_ banana:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are high desert to mtns,lots of dust. Very little dust when riding. Half brp windscreen, after building our (what I call half doors) don't know why but it cut down even more on the dust. Oh ya , and I cut some heavy 1/4 inch thick rubber mat to the shape of the floor,this plugs all floor holes. Made these from an old rubber bed mat. I've had people comment on why there is no dust build up like theres. So what ever ,the combo works
thanks ill try this

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I would say to drive a little slower to keep the dust down, but I don't think that's possible...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would say to drive a little slower to keep the dust down, but I don't think that's possible...

:huh: I would be stopped ? our group got pulled over for going to fast and the cop told me i was going to slow :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Was facing the same issue here in the Delta farmland . Installed a 1/2 BRP windshield and rear net . Now have very little dust problems while riding .

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Not dusty here its all mud, maybe you should ride in the mud instead of dusty areas. I'd say drink more beer and wear goggles. We wear glasses to keep the mud and bugs out of the eyes. I think you should buy one of the high dollar fully enclosed cabs, mount a window a/c unit and generator in the dump bed, then post pics of your rig and I'll vote for you for Commander of the month. LOL
Don't think there is a way around the dust issue with a full windshield. Guys have put those foam water noodles stuffed between the cab and dump bed and that helped some.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yeah!! What he said!!^^

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
There would be a traffic jam if he were in front....just sayin

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the 2 piece front windshield. If I crack it a bit to force air into the cab no dust. If the windshield is fully closed I get more dust inside. I usually run with the front windshield cracked open about 3" or take the top half off completely so I have a 1/2 windshield when in dusty conditions. Also have the rear mesh net and soft top. I think 1/2 doors are the next thing I will get to help keep dust out from the front wheels.
Ha Ha Mud?? That only happens for a short time here in the spring time when the snow melts and the thaw happens. The desert is a big bog then. Lotsa fun! But after that dust, dust and more dust. Sometimes in the middle of summer you run into powder dust bowls 2 feet thick. Its almost like driving thru mud.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts