21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12,735 Posts
It will work for you

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Can someone tell me if this spring (if not...what spring?) will work for a lower engagement spring on a 2011 Commander 800? I can't get the vendor to respond to my text.

If you have a different spring you like for this application, please chime in!!

Thanks folks.
Yes sir it will work just fine. Recd. a note about you sending me a text, sorry but never received one.
Hope this answers your ??
TEXT is 951-232-3515
Ed
Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Can someone tell me if this spring (if not...what spring?) will work for a lower engagement spring on a 2011 Commander 800? I can't get the vendor to respond to my text.

Thanks folks.
Please see post # 23

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Thanks folks.
Please see post # 23
That is post 23, Ed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Going to have to get one now.

That wet clutch setup on my arctic cat xtz was an absolute blast. I guess I'm asking too much trying to get my commander to act like that, but the spring should help.

Btw the spring I see isn't Green. That a big deal?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Going to have to get one now.

That wet clutch setup on my arctic cat xtz was an absolute blast. I guess I'm asking too much trying to get my commander to act like that, but the spring should help.

Btw the spring I see isn't Green. That a big deal?

A grab and go cvt is never going to be as smooth as a constant tension cvt plus wet clutch system like the yamaha ultramatic or the one arctic cat used. But the spring helps a lot over the stock situation. I have been running it for a year now and it's much better than before. I've seen Ed (Bollax) say elsewhere that the spring is still the same, color notwithstanding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for all your help! I'm going to order one today.

Ed...that is the number I texted. My phone says it went through. All is good though!

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This little John Deere colored spring is the cats meow. It makes take offs so much smoother and allows you to creep around sub-5mph with an engaged belt. They should have came this way from the factory. My wife got it for me from uatv-tech for Christmas.
https://uatv-tech.com/products/dalton-low-engagement-primary-spring-1650-engagement
Will this fit on a 2013 XT? The harsh take offs are really getting annoying and im looking around for something. I clicked the link but its not active.
Had cornhole boards in the back and take off almost made them slide out theres no reason for

It would normally have been pretty easy to install except that my primary bolt was pretty stuck. I broke one Allen socket and had to go get another. Ace encouraged me to give it a second try with heat and not an impact. Lol. I went ahead and replaced my clutch rollers and installed new buttons (sliders shoes) while I the primary off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How much does this affect top end ?

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I still have one on the Stinger parts shelf purchased a couple years ago from UATV-Tech. I can’t make out the best by date on it anymore. Do you think it’s expired and I should just buy a new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts

Thanks folks.
www.uatv-tech.com has the spring you are looking for, in stock & ships daily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I am new to the Commander but seasoned in ATVs and CVTs. Just bought a 2020 800xt a few weeks ago. I'm definitely want to install the low engagement spring for putting around. As I was looking on UATV-tech it seemed a little confusing on which spring I need to buy for the 2020 800. From what a read on UATV they are listed up to 2018. Any Recommendations? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
24,142 Posts
They haven’t changed . The website is ran by a grumpy old man that falls behind doing updated model yrs for parts . Lol

21 - 40 of 49 Posts