Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a relative newbie to Can Am machines. My Commander 700 XT has really been giving me a problem and its making me lose confidence in this machine, as I only have 150 hours on the new machine. I had this exact event happen to me 4 times already, I would like to know if someone can help me know what to do to fix it or if this is common with Can Am's. After riding the trails, easy flat trails, using low gear as recommended at about 10-15 mph. I will then get to a flat road and plan to go fast, so i stop, put the gear in high, then slowly accelerate , trying to get to my cruise speed of about 35-40 mph, but before i can get to even 20 mph, my machine jerks, the " Use low gear " light comes on, the power cuts dramatically, and the speedometer automatically reads zero. I then stop. Put the gear in low, and the speedometer still does not work, frozen at zero and my power is in limp mode. Switching to high on the flats, it remains in limp mode and no spedo. After this happening 4 times, i figured out the only way to reset it was to turn the machine completely off. This never happens when just running in high gear at a decent speed, it only happens when i am transitioning from low back to high. Can anyone help me with this, its very frustrating to have to turn the machine off and on for ever trail terrain change. The Polaris machines i had you just leave in high most the time, the Can Am seams very sensitive to speed, even riding on the city streets at 10 mph on the flat, i will get this same thing happen. Thank you !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts