Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I heard a really loud clunking noise coming from my rear end? Any tips or anything before I break down and buy an 850$ rear end for my 2011 can am commander 2011 1000x?
Help me please!
Thanks

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Well today I heard a really loud clunking noise coming from my rear end? Any tips or anything before I break down and buy an 850$ rear end for my 2011 can am commander 2011 1000x?
Help me please!
Thanks
Is it the rear end or a busted cv joint? check before you buy

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Like Bollax said, snoop around a little more as that's allot of molla to drop without being absolutely sure. Jack it up and spin things and look and listen, maybe post a video with the sound happening, allot of members here and at least one of everything that could go wrong has happened to someone on here, ......... and we're smart too!

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Like Bollax said, snoop around a little more as that's allot of molla to drop without being absolutely sure. Jack it up and spin things and look and listen, maybe post a video with the sound happening, allot of members here and at least one of everything that could go wrong has to someone on here, ......... and we're smart too!
If it is a CV joint in or out when you spin the tire by hand you will hear it and might even feel some vibration, don't forget to have both rear wheels off the ground and on level surface when you do the spin test (in neutral so also block front wheels.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Check everything before you buy anything. Check U Joints, diff mount bolts, lug nuts, shock bushings, everything and everything else, twice.
The parts for these are WAY to expensive to start throwing money at an unidentified problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm hoping it's just a busted cv or something but I can't give it gas and determine really where the noise is coming from just by myself

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just had the same thing going on with mine,ended up being my diff,pinion was missing a few teeth!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went ahead and replaced it,i had the 411 and went with the 506,i am guna rebuild it for a spare tho,you can usually get a ring and pinion for like $500,but i found a new/rebuilt one from Troy that he had for like $300,so i got lucky!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not a 100% sure,think it was just set up better from factory,mayb somebody who knows a little more will chime in on it,mayb you will find what it is and it will be a simple fix!!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
The name of this thread makes me laugh every time I read it, just seems so funny, I think of bad gas after a spicy borito, .....sorry..... had to get it out...... I mean write this..... you know what I mean!

·
Registered
461 Posts
The name of this thread makes me laugh every time I read it, just seems so funny, I think of bad gas after a spicy borito, .....sorry..... had to get it out...... I mean write this..... you know what I mean!
And here I thought it was Tax Pain!
When I have a loud noise coming from my rear end everyone vacates the room:icon_ devil:

P.S...hope you find the cause and solution!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where can I get a bad ass ring and pinion for the rear end on my commander? If anybody that knows somebody, let me know, I found out that my ring and pinion are gone to shit

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well my rear diff on the commander is shot, anybody know where I can get a good deal on one? Or can I go with a maverick rear diff?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well my rear diff on the commander is shot, anybody know where I can get a good deal on one? Or can I go with a maverick rear diff?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts