Can-Am Commander Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,668 Posts
Changing the rods won’t get you the radius back . And the turnkey run just a touch long compared to most so it could get even worse . Need to get the utv Inc rods if you going to run that housing with the short shaft in it. I run factory clutches so not much help there sorry.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Changing the rods won’t get you the radius back . And the turnkey run just a touch long compared to most so it could get even worse . Need to get the utv Inc rods if you going to run that housing with the short shaft in it. I run factory clutches so not much help there sorry.
No I’m going to use the new housing with the new rack n pinion that came with it. I tried using my old rack n pinion with the new housing before. I just want beefy tie rods as the factory ones look so small n week

·
Super Moderator
23,668 Posts
No they are awesome rods the tubs are just a little long. So with your already reduced radius it would have probably make it worse .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
No they are awesome rods the tubs are just a little long. So with your already reduced radius it would have probably make it worse .
But I’m going to use the new factory rack n pinion so I should be ok right? If not turnkey do you recommend any other HD rods?

·
Super Moderator
23,668 Posts
Utv inc has a good set . The turn key tubs need to be about 1/4” shorter then what they are. The length of the tubs interferes with the inner boots . And only way to stop it is with shorter tubs. Several people have had to modify the inner boots do to the jam nuts being so close to the inner joint . As long as you can get the boot on tight enough to keep the water out of the rack it’s fine. But you shouldn’t have to modify the boots to make them work .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Utv inc has a good set . The turn key tubs need to be about 1/4” shorter then what they are. The length of the tubs interferes with the inner boots . And only way to stop it is with shorter tubs. Several people have had to modify the inner boots do to the jam nuts being so close to the inner joint . As long as you can get the boot on tight enough to keep the water out of the rack it’s fine. But you shouldn’t have to modify the boots to make them work .
Ok thanks I’ll check out the other ones as well.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts