Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
You need a rack built for the commander. If it’s shorter or longer you will lose turning radius.

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
2010-14 CAN-AM COMMANDER RACK & PINION W/O EPS (QUICK RATIO)
Or

2010-14 CAN-AM COMMANDER RACK & PINION W/O EPS (STANDARD RATIO)

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
Putting the rack brace in also helps stop the rack housing from breaking and ripping the frame mount out.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
I have stock rack with 14MM outers if you are wanting to rebuild with a factory housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
From 11 to 14 only thing that changed in size was the inner rod end threads went from 14mm to 16 mm in 2014. Housing size biding change . In 15 they went to a 4 bolt mount and different pinion spline size. So it won’t work in earlier models. But it didn’t change housing length . The mav frame is 2” more narrow same as the rack . But the mount is different so it won’t bolt in.
5EFEC03B-85F6-4949-967B-0813075BF966.jpeg

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Are you selling the putter tie rods?
Those came on my Rackzilla. They are brand new. When I installed my Rackzilla I put my Turnkey HD rods on. The Rackzilla rods are beefier than factory rods. I’d probably sell them for $50 plus shipping. You would need boots for them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wha
Those came on my Rackzilla. They are brand new. When I installed my Rackzilla I put my Turnkey HD rods on. The Rackzilla rods are beefier than factory rods. I’d probably sell them for $50 plus shipping. You would need boots for them.

what are the threads on them inner and outer. As well as thinkness of the rods .

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
I misspoke in my earlier thread and forum wont let me fix it. I said “outer” and was referring the rack itself. The rackzilla tie rods are 14MM where they thread to the rack. (Inner) sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Are you selling the putter tie rods?

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
I’m not seeing a inch longer in length. The rackzilla passenger side bracket is bent it it was straight and sitting on top of the other one the bolt holes would line up and then it wouldn’t be that far off. So I guess it just the angle of the pics .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
EF342A36-150C-476D-A62F-E24F12B5690F.jpeg
I’m not seeing a inch longer in length. The rackzilla passenger side bracket is bent it it was straight and sitting on top of the other one the bolt holes would line up and then it wouldn’t be that far off. So I guess it just the angle of the pics .
EF342A36-150C-476D-A62F-E24F12B5690F.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
23,495 Posts
I see 1/2” but yes it’s shorter . And you put the parts out of the zilla in the factory housing . So if shaft is 1/2” shorter that’s the lost radius .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yea so that is definitely not working so I’ll just by turnkey HD rods n I should be good on that. Have you heard of STM clutches?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts