Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost one of my keys for my commander. Does anyone know about the cost to get a new one? Also what all info does the dealer need to issue it to me.?

Sent from Tommy's iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Lost one of my keys for my commander. Does anyone know about the cost to get a new one? Also what all info does the dealer need to issue it to me.?

Sorry to be the bearer of Bad news, BUT the problem you have is only done by a "STEALER" find one close to you if it is not selling stealer it does not matter, ECM has to be re set with a new key, not sure if others will be effected as well.
Maybe someone with experience will chime in ???

·
Registered
184 Posts
simply gave them my grey key and asked them to reprogram it to a sports key, was not charged anything additional, think it is merely a chip in the key, they need to program to your cpu codes, therefore they will need your buggy.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
i think someone said a new key and to reprogram was over 200 bucks

·
Registered
85 Posts
at the dealership here you have to pay for the key ($30) and for the programming ($20). Make sure to bring you ride, because they cant do it with out it being there. Also, i would take your other key with you to have them reprogram it just in case someone else finds your lost key so they cant steal the can am.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts

Sorry to be the bearer of Bad news, BUT the problem you have is only done by a "STEALER" find one close to you if it is not selling stealer it does not matter, ECM has to be re set with a new key, not sure if others will be effected as well.
Maybe someone with experience will chime in ???
Your dealership must get rich off you Ed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Phone 904 539 1852 any mobile key programers around middleburg jacksonville florida plz call lost key no trailer to get to dealer ship

1 - 8 of 8 Posts