Can-Am Commander Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you don't mind, keep posted on your plans. If possible I'd like to at least meet the infamous Acefire when you are out this way depending on your route and timing.

·
Super Moderator
25,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Lol ok when it becomes official I will post up a ride thread. We always invite anyone up to the challenge. Sometimes they stick around and sometimes we never hear from them again. So keep a look out for the new thread . Probably be up around January.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It'll be around hunting time for me thru January and the early part of February so I hope it works out. I will keep an eye out for your post.
I just picked up a Safety Seal plug kit, 12V compressor, and put some tools together for belt changes in the field for my Commander. Going to fab up a spare tire/extra gas carrier to mount in the hitch for my Commander in the next couple weeks. I still need to find a wheel for the spare yet. Getting ready for hunting.
I'd like to see some pictures of this trailer you are building for your X3 when you get to that point.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I lived in the SLV for about 7 years, I know the area well! We used to take the back roads between Creede and Lake City to do some rock hounding. Found a beautiful chunk of Amethyst in one of the creeks! Do you mind PMing me some more info on the plating workaround?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Call Helen @ MT CORPORATE SERVICES
406-227-7665.
She is getting older but she has a son who is taking over. They can quote you exactly what it’ll take and cost, how long it will take and she is VERY reliable.
It’ll usually take a week or 2 unless you wanna spend $ on Fedex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Ace,
You finalize anything on this Arizona Peace Trail ride or is it off the table. Also, getting anywhere on that trailer you were building?

·
Super Moderator
25,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Bought the spindles. That's it so far on the trailer. Here is our most up to date scheduled ride list. Still trying to figure out where we will be staging and leaving the truck and trailers parked.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the update. Might be a tad warm out in the desert in October but nice at night.
Unrelated to the topic but you were right about these racertech springs on my commander. They do prefer higher speeds to start performing as I found out while hunting in this thing for the first time.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Is Peace Trail a town or a trail? Asking for a friend. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's a trail that is like a 750 mile long loop in Western Az. I believe there is a link to a video early in this post from a friend of mine when the did about half of it. If it isn't there I'll find it for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
It's a trail that is like a 750 mile long loop in Western Az. I believe there is a link to a video early in this post from a friend of mine when the did about half of it. If it isn't there I'll find it for you tomorrow.
Cool. I’ll check it out. There are three people I know from the Wickenburg area. Is this even close? Thank you for your input. Boog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are two videos on the second page of this post.
It's actually west of Wickenburg at that point (not sure how far west) but does go into Wikieup, most likely because there is fuel and a couple places to eat. Not positive but I think it takes Chicken Springs road from Alamo road east to Wikieup. Then it runs thru the Hualapai mountains (which is where I am) to Kingman. Plenty of amenities in Kingman like fuel, food, lodging and a Polaris/Can Am dealership.

·
Super Moderator
25,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
So where us going to be the safest place to park several trucks and trailers for a week.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is according to my friend that did 4 days on the southern portion of the APT last year and plans to do the northern loop this March, I will see if he can get me a copy of their routes for you:
They started in a an RV park in Salome which has a large fenced in area behind the RV park for trucks and trailers. He says that they charged them like $20 or $30 dollars each to leave their rigs parked there for 4 days. Said no one messed with any of their rigs while they were gone.
His brother handled the logistics of the ride but is in Texas hunting until next weekend. Tyler will check with him when he gets back and get the name and contact info of the RV park in Salome when he gets back from Texas. He plotted out the trip considering fuel stops, food and lodging. As soon as I have the information I will get it to you.
I was recently told by a friend of mine that a woman we know that lives in the Hualapai's and is part of the Sheriffs search and rescue created a map of every trail in on the mountain. If I can get my hands on one I will get a copy of it for you. As far as I know you can go over the mountains or around the mountains on either the east or west side depending on weather.

·
Super Moderator
25,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Greg talked to state park service and they said there was a campground just south of i40 that a lot of people staged at but he couldn't remember the name. Thanks any info is much appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In the beginning of that first video you will see those guys leaving the RV park. Looks like a nice place and I believe that the entire lot is fenced, the price seemed pretty reasonable.
I will keep you informed of any information as I receive it ACE

·
Registered
105 Posts
Haualpei and ACE;

See attached map of Arizona Peace Trail.
I would suggest staring at Havasu as there are plenty of RV parks and Hotels plus eateries and entertainment there.
AZPeaceTrailMap.jpg

41 - 60 of 71 Posts