Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Bstromback, don’t you have family near Taylor Park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pueblo. Guess I don’t know where Taylor park is though

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
If you want extreme you HAVE to check out Windrock Park in Tennessee. Many miles of trails in the Cumberland Mountains. It is truly awesome. I also have to recommend the Upper Peninsula. I live there. I know. Access to northern Wisconsin trails. A great combination of twisty trails and grades, with plenty of support services available. Otherwise know as bars and restaurants. You will not be disappointed!
He don’t like Wisconsin. It’s too flat!! Lol
Always wondered how the trails were in the up. Have heard good things but yet to ride them. I live down towards Eau Claire wi and have yet to travel that far north.

·
Super Moderator
25,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If you want extreme you HAVE to check out Windrock Park in Tennessee. Many miles of trails in the Cumberland Mountains. It is truly awesome. I also have to recommend the Upper Peninsula. I live there. I know. Access to northern Wisconsin trails. A great combination of twisty trails and grades, with plenty of support services available. Otherwise know as bars and restaurants. You will not be disappointed!
We already ride Windrock brimstone and twra land twice a year. And yes its very nice with a little bit if everything. Fall ride is our traveling ride. So we are always looking for someplace we haven't been other than moab. We are doing it every other year. It we get all the trails knocked out.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
I heard Colorado is nice.

·
Vendor
351 Posts
Check out Sand Hollow in St. George, Utah. Its awesome. Great trails, sand dunes, and even more hardcore rock crawling than Moab. Some really crazy stuff. Plus, its just beautiful.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Pueblo. Guess I don’t know where Taylor park is though

Taylor park is SW. of Denver about 4 hrs drive.
Look at a map and find Buena Vista, then Taylor park is about 10 miles SW. of Buena Vista.
It’s beautiful riding and not to much hardcore but hundreds of miles of gorgeous riding and history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
The biggest issue with CO for a ride like this is the lack of statewide law re: riding on public roads. You can't plate a UTV in CO, there's no reciprocity with states (like UT) that do, and each county makes its own rules about what roads you can and can't ride on. I live 30 miles from the Utah border and have seriously considered buying a postage stamp of land so I can register our machine out of UT and can at least drive on UT roads. PITA to go to Moab and have to trailer your machine to go to the next trailhead. And those Grand County Sheriffs ARE watching!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah Lake Havasu has a lot of trails and you have the lake and town with plenty of food and entertainment to chose from
Check out Nellies saloon online..great trail ride, takes about an hour to get to Nellies (Desert Bar).
Also the Bunker bar, short trail ride from RV park
There is the trail to the top of Hualalpai which is long and challenging in some spots.
Let me know if you plan on coming maybe we can meet up there

·
Registered
700 Posts
The biggest issue with CO for a ride like this is the lack of statewide law re: riding on public roads. You can't plate a UTV in CO, there's no reciprocity with states (like UT) that do, and each county makes its own rules about what roads you can and can't ride on. I live 30 miles from the Utah border and have seriously considered buying a postage stamp of land so I can register our machine out of UT and can at least drive on UT roads. PITA to go to Moab and have to trailer your machine to go to the next trailhead. And those Grand County Sheriffs ARE watching!

Do what I did, start an S-Corp in MT. Get your buggy registered,plated with permanent plate for about $500
Still can’t ride in CO. Most places but in Taylor park, you can ride hundreds of miles and never need to trailer your buggy even without plates. Another gorgeous place in CO. is Lake City. They allow UTV’s to access most trails without trailering and again 100s of miles to ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I lived in the SLV for about 7 years, I know the area well! We used to take the back roads between Creede and Lake City to do some rock hounding. Found a beautiful chunk of Amethyst in one of the creeks! Do you mind PMing me some more info on the plating workaround?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Your welcome Ace, I know a couple of those guys and bought my Commander from one of them but was not on that ride. They did that before I got the Commander. It looks like a good time, they were supposed to do another leg of that trail this year which would have brought them up to the Hualapai mountains where I live. Unfortunately it didn't happen with all this Covid BS going on.
If you require more info on this ride let me know and I will hit those guys up for you.

·
Super Moderator
25,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I downloaded the gpx map so its on my GPS now. And ordered the atlas being it gives you a lot more info than just the map. Pretty sure in the group conversation last night its going to happen this fall. Got to get busy on my long travel high clearance trailer to pull behind the x3. From what I gather they are wanting to run the full loop in 6 days and camp on the trail. Now the question is what spare parts to haul in the trailer. Lol

21 - 40 of 71 Posts