Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2012 commander 1000xt. The machine was extremely dirty and I want to service the clutch along with other maintenance items. What all do I need? I have read through some other threads and it looks pretty important to replace the bolts. There is mention of a kit but I have not been able to find it online.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uatv-tech.com has the kits.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Thanks I appreciate it. This is all new to me. My 2012 commander only has 2500 miles on it, but I think they were rough miles judging by the dirt I am finding. The shifting does not seem quite right. Sometimes after I start it I’ll shift into reverse and it goes forward. That gets exciting... I am hoping that a good cleaning and clutch service will help

·
Super Moderator
25,530 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it. This is all new to me. My 2012 commander only has 2500 miles on it, but I think they were rough miles judging by the dirt I am finding. The shifting does not seem quite right. Sometimes after I start it I’ll shift into reverse and it goes forward. That gets exciting... I am hoping that a good cleaning and clutch service will help
Get the sealed one-way bearings with your kit. They one way bearing from factory are typical toast by 2000 miles if they haven't been greases. No need in cleaning them won't help. Just replace them .

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts