Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
27,408 Posts
13 was the last yr of the hand grenading rear diff. So if your was set up properly from the manufacturer it could last 10k miles if it was a noisy one it could blow without notice .

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,408 Posts
And as dor the tuff mode rear diffs they tend not to last as long as the locked rear diffs. But it all depends on how you run them .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
13 was the last yr of the hand grenading rear diff. So if your was set up properly from the manufacturer it could last 10k miles if it was a noisy one it could blow without notice .

So if i have 4k miles
Rear isnt tonoisy
Good to go
Is 10k miles avg life expectancy?

·
Administrator
27,408 Posts
Well most beat the crap out them. Seals start leaking then run low on oil before they catch it . But my machine had 4600 and I had replaced all the seals twice. But it wasn't ever noisy. Never had metal in the oil when changed. And I beat the crap out of it. So don't know there is actually a life expectancy on paper anywhere . But the factory noisy diffs blew at all miles. Seen several that blew with under 500 miles .

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
If you are determined to ride on pavement, just try to maintain a straight line forward. If you make a lot of turns, say riding in neighborhoods, etc, try to come to a complete stop before turning. Have the little woman get out and lift and carry the back of the buggy opposite of the direction you wish to go. Have her grab you a cold beer while she's at it, and pat her on the head as a genuine show of gratitude. If you keep going straight or the missus ends up with a flat head, the diff should last. I hope mine doesn't read this.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are determined to ride on pavement, just try to maintain a straight line forward. If you make a lot of turns, say riding in neighborhoods, etc, try to come to a complete stop before turning. Have the little woman get out and lift and carry the back of the buggy opposite of the direction you wish to go. Have her grab you a cold beer while she's at it, and pat her on the head as a genuine show of gratitude. If you keep going straight or the missus ends up with a flat head, the diff should last. I hope mine doesn't read this.:rolleyes:
did i read slowly taking turns on pavement helps?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts