Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Limp mode

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  cannedham 
#1 ·
When I first start up the engine light comes on and limp mode scrolls across. After about 20-30 seconds it goes away and runs fine. It never did this during hunting season in the fall and just started doing this. I replaced the oil pressure switch/sensor thinking that was the problem but still did it at start up. Any ideas on what to check next ? Oil level is fine

highway

#3 ·
Ace. It could have been stored in Ecu after I put in a new oil pressure sensor it still was in limp mode but I started it this morning and no limp mode.

#5 ·
When we run our 2019 800R limp mode comes on every time after 45 minutes of riding. I’ve cleaned the radiator multiple times, checked the spark arrester, changed radiator coolant, inspected the drive belt. Any ideas what this could be?
im going to bleed the cooling system to see if it might be an air bubble. Other thoughts?

#6 ·
When we run our 2019 800R limp mode comes on every time after 45 minutes of riding. I’ve cleaned the radiator multiple times, checked the spark arrester, changed radiator coolant, inspected the drive belt. Any ideas what this could be?
im going to bleed the cooling system to see if it might be an air bubble. Other thoughts?
Have you pulled the codes ?

Reactions: acefire
#10 ·
If you have a brake limp mode when it's in limp check to see if the brake lights are stuck on . You typically get the brake limp mode when driving with two feet . If you Throttle and touch brake pedal any at all it puts it in limp mode .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
No, I’m sure that’s not happening. One other thing that is going on from the time I purchased it, my brake light goes out when I hit the brakes. Wonder if there is something to do with my limp mode issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.