Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, although I don't own a Commander, I want to find out more about the ACS system on the Limited.

Does it work good for trail riding and a little mud?

Speaking of mud, will it be able to get water, mud, etc. on it, and not short out?
(I guess it would, since they use the same ACS system on the X mr's.)

For those who have a Limited, how do you like it?:commander:

Like I said, I don't own a Commander, I am an enthusiast. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have at 2013 limited, like my outlander max ltd, they both have the air system. I love it. I am a trail rider and some mud, but mostly trails. I like the extra clearance when I need it, and softer ride when I don't. I blaze the trails in the snow when the other commanders get hung up. Remember, it's only a couple of inches, but a big difference. The GPS is nice, stereo could use some work, but I like the ability to adjust the suspension on the fly.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
I hate mine. I want to take it off and throw it away. The compressor is loud as shit and seems like it kicks on every couple minutes. If an air line breaks, the compressor runs until a CEL comes on, then speed is limited to 15 mph. It's just more crap to break.

DON'T WASTE THE MONEY!

So far, the only stock parts left on my Limited are the roof, half windshield, GPS, and the suspension (that hopefully will be gone soon)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've never had a problem with mine. Sounds like a warranty issue.

·
Super Moderator
25,666 Posts
When I went to buy a commander the dealer talked me out of the lt and into the X he said the air system had a lot of faults. And I wouldn't be happy with it other than all the extras I guess he was a really good salesman or they were just over stocked on X's. Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
46 Posts
only have 400km on mine, but the acs runs real smooth on and off the trails, never had problems with the compressor, used it to fill a rzr800 tire on the weekend and worked great, i don't no why jony is complaining about the noise of the compressor you cant hear it when the machines running, is the limited worth the money.....dont think so, id rather have the X and put king shocks if you really wanted to change em, put my own stereo in with other goodies, the stock radio is shit

·
Registered
404 Posts
The stock radio is shit. Not hard to upgrade. If it weren't for nobody in our area wanting the white, and of course, the great deal the dealer gave me, I would have done the same as you suggest. Still love it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I like the shocks on mine also, if your looking for some versatilty they are nice, especially if halling gear to level it back out. I have had problems with a leaky hose and fitting. I fixed these on my own if you spend some time in a summit catalog I think you could make your own replacement hoses with reuse able ends. If you hear the compressor running often you have leaks get a spray bottle out and find them. If you race/ride dunes and never really carry much more than a cooler get the X model or maverick.

Also I have 1900 miles on mine so far

·
Registered
174 Posts
Love my Limited, runs smooth, the ACS is freaking awesome. I ride desert trails, two tracks, sand, and I continually change the setting for the type of riding I'm doing. I go from a dirt road to a rocky hill climb and hit the button got my ground clearance and then back on the trail hit the button again and BAM! I'm rolling along on a nice smooth cruise through the woods. Like everyone one has an arsehole everyone has an opinion. Look at the options you want and buy the machine that YOU want. I love my Limited, that's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just returned from Moab area with our 2013 Ltd. This is the second trip, the ACS works great! It is really nice to be able to change ride height when needed. The stereo works OK when you are putting along. Seems to handle much better in 4WD at speed on gas well roads, driving fast in 2WD is a little scary on corners and the lower ACS settings seem better..... I wonder if the toe in changes when the suspension is topped out?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Love my Limited, runs smooth, the ACS is freaking awesome. I ride desert trails, two tracks, sand, and I continually change the setting for the type of riding I'm doing. I go from a dirt road to a rocky hill climb and hit the button got my ground clearance and then back on the trail hit the button again and BAM! I'm rolling along on a nice smooth cruise through the woods. Like everyone one has an arsehole everyone has an opinion. Look at the options you want and buy the machine that YOU want. I love my Limited, that's all I have to say about that.
" Bump "

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Just returned from Moab area with our 2013 Ltd. This is the second trip, the ACS works great! It is really nice to be able to change ride height when needed. The stereo works OK when you are putting along. Seems to handle much better in 4WD at speed on gas well roads, driving fast in 2WD is a little scary on corners and the lower ACS settings seem better..... I wonder if the toe in changes when the suspension is topped out?
The bump steer on these are pretty good so the toe shouldnt change to much.

When I bought mine I thought the limited was the best bang for the buck but have had issues in the past with the air ride on ski doo sleds in the past so I bought the X.

·
Registered
174 Posts
" Bump "
What's "Bump" mean?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts