Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At one point I think I saw a picture of a commander with a LED light bar attached to the front bumper some how. I think it fit perfectly between the hoop of the stock bumper...

Anyway, I have searched and searched and I cannot find that picture again. Does anyone have any info on this? I know you can buy clamps and stuff to put a light bar there, but I would kind of want it on the back side of the bumper to kind of protect it.

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice find but I'm confused TaterTot ... Did u ask a question, answer it yourself and then say thank you to yourself?
Lol...yeah I did...

After looking at pictures of light bars all day, I finally stumbled upon it... I actually surprised myself when I found it..

Anyone got any idea how they mounted it there? I do not see any clamps...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice find but I'm confused TaterTot ... Did u ask a question, answer it yourself and then say thank you to yourself?
Lol...yeah I did...

After looking at pictures of light bars all day, I finally stumbled upon it... I actually surprised myself when I found it..

Anyone got any idea how they mounted it there? I do not see any clamps...
Lol funny stuff :) that's a good looking setup but the lighting on the light looks a lil weird... I think it might be Photoshop. The light almost looks twisted to me?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh now you guys come in the thread once all the work has been done and the questions answered... lol...

As many posts as we got here, you would think that maybe we can figure out how they mounted this thing

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just installed my Vision X 12" Low Profile Xmitter LED light bar....

I had to make a home-made bracket since I could not figure out a good way to mount the light in between the hoops of the stock front bumper...

The 1 1/4 inch pipe straps/clamps that I got from Home Depot: (Yes, I know the bumper is 1 1/2 inches, but the 1 1/4 is the right size... trust me)

The pipe strap/clamp before I painted it and drilled a mounting hole:

The side view of the light bar mounted on the front bumper:

The front view:

Top View:

View with the light on:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
does anyone have a better way to mount the light bar? their picture looks so clean....
I called VisionX about their picture and they said they just say the light was just sat there and it was not mounted at all. Pretty deceptive if you ask me...

He also said they do not sell or know of a mount that will fit and allow for the clearance... So I was forced to make my own. Trust me if I could have purchased one, then I would have..

BTW... the clearance is so tight between the back plastic and the hoops of the bar that no other type of bar/pipe clamp will work...

Unless you are a welder or decent fabricator, then I do not think there will be a much easier way. But let me know what you come up with.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Where did you buy it from ?
How much ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts