Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Lifted ,spacers ,rims&tires with more to come!!

18K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Natedogg78 
#1 ·

Racer tech lift ,
2inch utv inc spacers
30inch Outback Max

Stm clutch on the way

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice!!

#5 ·
I've herd those tires do pretty well in mud and ride pretty smooth. Looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Thats some serious ground clearance man looking good. I wouldnt worry to much about clogging up those treads backing up lol.

#8 ·
Thanks guys.Rode a little today and it's definitely a different bike. Really satisfied with the lift and tires.
The lift fit perfect and built like a tank.Im convinced the frame would break before the lift.
The tires ride awesome! Super smooth .I'm with you JTRocks ,The lug is deep enough to pull front back are side to side.lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Rock sliders if equipped and the plastic right in front of the rear tire and or the ribs on under side of box. go ahead and jack the rear up and watch the distance in front of tire shrink. dont feel dumb, asking and seeing is just how you can learn and honestly there havnt been many pics posted of the modified plastics.

#16 · (Edited)

I have the 30" outback max also and I really like them . . I have to watch my belt temps as it's easy to warm things up . But they go really well in all conditions and are very smooth running tire .
How much did you have to pay for them , I just about had to sell my first born to cover the bill .. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
I have the 40" outback max also and I really like them . . I have to watch my belt temps as it's easy to warm things up . But they go really well in all conditions and are very smooth running tire .
How much did you have to pay for them , I just about had to sell my first born to cover the bill .. Lol

I got the tires and rims 1350.00 .Cash of course. Lol
I think the normal cost was close to 1500.00.
Which I'd pay all day long.These are by far my favorite tire out.

Do you have a pic of the 40s?

#18 · (Edited)

Sorry 40" was a typo , I have 30" same as you and really like them . They just started making 28" now for guys not wanting big tires .
So now they have 28,--30--31--32--34

#19 ·
Sorry 40" was a typo , I have 30" same as you and really like them . They just started making 28" now for guys not wanting big tires .
So now they have 28,--30--32--34

Lol.Yeah I didn't think I say 40s as an option.How much air are you running in yours?.I drop mine down to 8psi and the tire is still solid. I'm thinking you could almost run them flat

#20 ·

When I installed them I put 25 lbs in and let the. Sit for a couple days to seat the beads . ( wasn't using them yet ) then I dropped them to 6 on the front and 8 on the rear

#21 ·
I have 600 miles on them and they are doing good

#22 ·
So, on a side note, you need different rims to fit the 30's. Do you need different rims to fit 29's? I have a 2 to 2 1/2" lift and would like to get a bit more ground clearance. I have issues high centering especially with 4 on board. Also, what would wheel spacers do in tire clearance or ability to gain a bit more lift? Most of the trails around here (in the forest) have berms built across them to help control erosion.

#23 ·
Do a rt lift and the 30" tires . The outback work great . I am running four rear mander rims with the max tires and I like them a lot . The are such a smooth rolling tire , it's hard to believe they are a mud tire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Good looking bike. Im wanting a four seater for around the house.

#26 ·
I sure do. Pics coming.

#29 ·
I had a few guys tell me the rear design of the commander is not the best for the gear lift.
They would recommend it on any other utv but not the commander.
Any truth to this ?
Thanks

SXS gear has a new bracket design. Ill get you some pictures. I wished I would have stacked it on my Catvos 4" lift.

#33 ·
So, on a side note, you need different rims to fit the 30's. Do you need different rims to fit 29's? I have a 2 to 2 1/2" lift and would like to get a bit more ground clearance. I have issues high centering especially with 4 on board. Also, what would wheel spacers do in tire clearance or ability to gain a bit more lift? Most of the trails around here (in the forest) have berms built across them to help control erosion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.