Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is raving over the seats and how well they sit. How is the leg room? How much width is there between the center console and the outer bodywork. It looks like your legs will have to remain straight forward in front of you. Should not allow for sprawling out at all. LOL Post up how the interior comforts and controls feel. Will this unit accept large framed people as well as it does smaller guys. Let's hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm 6'1" and it's comfortable enough. Maybe a little cramped depending on what you are wearing in boots and clothing.

I found that the large green rubber boots made it difficult to use the peddles.

I don't know how this machine will handle snow and ice accumulating around the peddles.

The radio link gas peddle may be better than the cable type. Then again.. Only time will tell

I found the bump like housing where you right legs gets irritating. Bends the leg passed 90 degrees when you have large boots on.

The only two utvs i've seen that have fully open foot wells are the John Deere gator and the Ausa m50.

That help?

·
Registered
379 Posts
My thought were right on track with Big Ed, I tend to be more comfortable with my legs spread. It looks like the center console will keep your knees close together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input guys. I think the console will be a nuisance for taller guys. If anyone has an opportunity I would like to know the width of available space from the console to the outer bodywork.

Gary - if you can catch BigMike sitting in one, snap a picture and post it up. I'm a few inches taller that him. LOL

·
Registered
379 Posts
thanks for the input guys. I think the console will be a nuisance for taller guys. If anyone has an opportunity I would like to know the width of available space from the console to the outer bodywork.

Gary - if you can catch BigMike sitting in one, snap a picture and post it up. I'm a few inches taller that him. LOL
You got it..........:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm 6' 6" and 250 lbs. I only had about an inch of room between my right leg and the dash. It will be close when riding but worth it. I took the tour ride in Utah and it seemed ok. Does anyone know of any videos of an XT with paddles in the sand???? I have an XT 1000 on order, told it will be here in late Sept. early Oct. I will be riding alot down at Sand Mountain.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am 6' and 200lb and I found that I had plaenty of room, and fit just in the Cammander the passiger side has more room than the driver thou.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts