Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried switching to LED tail lights on my commander. Works fine except it trips a code and give a "brake" display.

Apparently the BCM does not light the LED's.

Anybody run into this problem and have a fix??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I switched to sea light LED 1157s but had no issues with a code, might depend on the brand? The LEDs are almost too bright.

·
Super Moderator
24,909 Posts
One of the two you have is probably bad. If one has a park light back feeding through the breaks side it will turn the brake light on in the dash . Also if brake lights are staying on do to back brake light switch it will trip the dash. If you lay foot on the brake pedal and accelerate it will code . Ecm is programmed to code if both are depressed at same time .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the two you have is probably bad. If one has a park light back feeding through the breaks side it will turn the brake light on in the dash . Also if brake lights are staying on do to back brake light switch it will trip the dash. If you lay foot on the brake pedal and accelerate it will code . Ecm is programmed to code if both are depressed at same time .
Thanks Ace; But if I understand you correctly then the "brake" display would come on whether I used LED or Halogens. Because the problem would be with the brake light wiring and not with the type of bulb.
Or did I completely misunderstand?

·
Super Moderator
24,909 Posts
If switch is bad it can cause then to stay on or stay off. If they stay on then you get the brake message. So no you didn’t miss understand .

But if they are off and this didn’t start till you put the Led bulbs in it’s either one of the bulbs or both causing the problem .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts