Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Kicking out of gear at high speed

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rhinno 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 commander max 1000 seems to be slipping out of high gear while driving a steady speed of 45mph or faster. It has always had a slight jerk every little bit as you drive a steady speed for long distance(1/2 mile or more). Now it’s like it’s coming completely out of gear and revs up and grinds for a second until I let off the throttle then I ease back into and continue down the road. Once I get to an area where I’m constantly on and off the throttle it runs like a brand new machine. Only slips at a long distance steady speed. I’ve replaced belts and cleaned clutches a couple times and I’ve adjusted the shift cable and still have the same issue. Any ideas or help??

#3 ·
Guys sadly you have a shift fork problem in the gearbox . The bigger problem is if you let the gears grind a few times they get damaged and are no longer any good .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: acefire
#4 ·
So, I was having same problem.....exact same problem. My machine runs like a beastly champ until im on the open road and hti high speeds. It will pop out of gear and make a horrible grinding sound. I took it in to get looked at last night. My mechanic told me the clutch needs to be serviced because he thinks its a bearing. I pick it up this morning. Ill keep you informed on if it did the trick:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.