Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already know about the different keys that are able to be used for the commander but i would like to know if it would be possible for someone to go to a can am dealer (or even a friend for that matter) and get a key and if that would work in any commander? so i guess my question is basically do all commander keys work for all commander's? or is there a slight difference?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lol, that's just crazy talk....do all ford F-150 truck keys work in each other.....of course not....lol....every key is encoded to the specific machine

·
Registered
245 Posts
But he's probably asking because many of the crappy, cheap atvs still use universal keys, or did very recently.

Joe

·
Registered
665 Posts
Lol, that's just crazy talk....do all ford F-150 truck keys work in each other.....of course not....lol....every key is encoded to the specific machine
I have a catapillar key that works in any cat in the world as well as john deer, komatsu, bobcat, yada yada. so its not to crazy

·
Registered
479 Posts
i was wanting to know this too cuz i see they make a construction key that is orange wanting to know how that works

·
Registered
297 Posts
i was wanting to know this too cuz i see they make a construction key that is orange wanting to know how that works
Any color key can be performance, construction,ect. The person programing the key to bike can tell it to accept the key as what ever you want it to be. I have a one key fits all system. I have my keys programed into all 4 of my bikes. I always have the right key now

If I'm posting, its because I'm on the side of the trail waiting for you slow pokes to catch up...... ROTTLMAO

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Construction Key is 25 MPH, I have one.

The seat belt unfastened Speed restriction was 10 MPH but know BRP upped it to 15 MPH because to many guys were burning up the belt when loading on a trailer with there belts unfastened.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts