Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed from my rhino, sportsman XP 1000, ace 570. Gives back true independent suspension.

Some rides lose too much stability if removed, what is everyone's experience with the commander?

BTW....I have factory XT shocks and springs and notice the ride improves a great deal over 25MPH. 2500 miles on them, I am sure they have never been (or even can be) serviced.

·
Vendor
362 Posts
You can always just unbolt one side and zip tie the link out of the way. If you decide you want the sway bar, its just a quick bolt up and roll situation. Lots of rock crawlers do it for transitioning between difficult trails and high speed roads to get to trailheads.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
You can't just unbolt one side. You leave It on or remove it. Problem with removal is you loose all weight transfer stability. Which is fine at slow speed or going straight. But I personally have seen a machine that had bar removed rip the upper shock mount out if the frame from hitting a pot hole with left rear tire. He was running straight at high speed but it was a pot hole. Best thing I can tell ya take it off drive it around the block . Just start out taking the turns slow till you get used to it. And hope you don't rip the shock mount out . Cause it will also take the front of the bed out if it rips loose .

·
Vendor
362 Posts
You can't just unbolt one side. You leave It on or remove it. Problem with removal is you loose all weight transfer stability. Which is fine at slow speed or going straight. But I personally have seen a machine that had bar removed rip the upper shock mount out if the frame from hitting a pot hole with left rear tire. He was running straight at high speed but it was a pot hole. Best thing I can tell ya take it off drive it around the block . Just start out taking the turns slow till you get used to it. And hope you don't rip the shock mount out . Cause it will also take the front of the bed out if it rips loose .
Ahh yes....Commander. 🤦‍♂️ My bad. Not on the Commander.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
Only on the x and xtp. And most remove the front.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts