Can-Am Commander Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
When I installed the adapter plate to relocate the oil filter on mine I how tight it was with just the plate and the elbows. I wondered how people put the filter there without cutting the plastics. As it was I was just able to get the plate and the elbows behind the plastics.

Steve

Reactions: HaleYes

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Is there something wrong with the stock oil filter that I and many others have used for thousands of miles with no issues? I just don’t see adding the complexity and ridiculous expense. It’s not like it’s hard to change the oil with the stock set up.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
In my case, I installed the remote filter just to make it easier to service. I currently have the remote on my commander and not on my daughters. With mine I just take a Ziploc bag and wrap it around the filter and spin it off. On my daughters whenever I pull the filter I flood the skidplate with oil (yes, even after I drain the crankcase) and it makes it a pain to clean up. Admittedly I could remove the skidplate but that becomes a PITA too. For me it was worth installing just for the convenience. Plus, I have a buddy who has a commander (he was a mechanic for years) and he had one of the bolts sieze and break off on the filter cover and had a time getting the broken part out.

Steve

61 - 66 of 66 Posts