Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I Just installed MrRPM's Spin On Oil Filter Adapter,
This thing is the best idea since sliced bread !!

·
Registered
547 Posts
wish they made one with port just for oil pressure without having cooler holes.
anyone who says they installed elec sending for oil pressure in V area - i want to see it . i had to get an adapter for 10m to 1/8th the grind about 75% off adapter to get it to squeeze in that area to miss a bolt

·
Registered
327 Posts
http://www.mrrpmcycle.com/gofast.htm

1. Fits both Canam ATVs and Commanders (All engine sizes)
2. Uses a common automotive oil filter that can be purchased at any local auto parts store
3. Comes in a 2 and 3 port design
4. 3 port design allows you to install a temp gauge to measure oil temperature
5. Adapters with no ports for just a spin on filter is available
2 Port - $75
3 Port - $95
Spin on Filter Adapter (No port) - $75

·
Registered
407 Posts
if you plug the holes it will prevent oil from moving to the motor
do not plug the holes !!!!!!!!!! :icon_ nono2:
you must make a hose to connect the two holes so that the oil can pass thru
you can put a tee in it so you can hook up a temp or pressure gauge

·
Registered
694 Posts
So is the oil filter really hard to get out and this makes it easier? Maybe I shouldnt take on the task of changing the oil myself. I'm not too mechanically inclined
It is not that bad.. Go here and download the service manual (be sure to thank Wes for his work):

http://www.commanderforums.org/forums/commander-general-discussion/3666-free-manual.html

Read through the 10 Hr Mt section if you have any questions we can help.. You need to become familiar with your beast!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Resurrecting this one guys, has anyone done the no port adaptor for the filter, I have to believe this would help with oil temp and larger filter media would be good?!

·
Registered
12,916 Posts
Resurrecting this one guys, has anyone done the no port adaptor for the filter, I have to believe this would help with oil temp and larger filter media would be good?!

I have the mr rpm spinon without any ports . Had it on the mander and now I moved it to the mav . I like it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Good, I am going to order one. Thanks

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Thanks guys!
Just the spin-on adapter doesn't help oil temps, you'll need to install a cooler for that.
Newer machines come factory with an oil to water oil cooler, & they don't run the oil as hot as the older ones.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I bought the wrong spin on adapter mine is the one for a spin on oil filter and oil cooler. I needed the one for spin on filter and oil temp.
If anyone is wanting the adapter for a spin on oil filter and oil cooler let me know its still in the box unused.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts