Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so on my last day of warranty, I am out for a ride and go all out across this mud hole. I don't make it get winched out. When try and get going it is jerking until about 5 mph. Any thoughts? Inspected the belt looks great. BTW only 140 miles and just hit the 10 hour mark when it happened. Hoping to get some help here since the dealers in my wanted $500-$510 for the ten hour service, that is not going to happen!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did you smoke the belt while trying to get out? Or smell it? My belt appeared fine after I smoked it once, but it was jerky at take off until about 5 mph. After I removed it I could barely see the area on one side of the belt where the outer primary sheave from the stock clutch had spun. It was so unnoticeable that I didn't see it while on the machine and don't know for sure if I can even tell by touch, but a new belt fixed me up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. I maybe thought because of the angle I was in a little oil burned off. There was some smoke when I got on it getting out. Cheap fix and if not I will have a spare belt. Thanks

·
Registered
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
This same thing happened to a freind with a rzr s we found that he had some water in his belt case maybe you were deeper than you though and the heat just evaporated the water

1 - 7 of 7 Posts