Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
As an FYI, there is a rattle problem with the drive shaft at 20 mph or 4500 rpm. I took the XTP back to the dealership and they confirm that BRP is aware of the issue but won't have a fix till September.

i recommend testing your machines at time of pickup to see if you have the same problem. It will save you a trip back to the dealer. I took a video of the rattle sound, but cannot upload here.

Another issue I had was that the key was programed incorrectly and would only speed up to 19 mph (even with seat belt on).

·
Registered
8 Posts
As an FYI, there is a rattle problem with the drive shaft at 20 mph or 4500 rpm. I took the XTP back to the dealership and they confirm that BRP is aware of the issue but won't have a fix till September.

i recommend testing your machines at time of pickup to see if you have the same problem. It will save you a trip back to the dealer. I took a video of the rattle sound, but cannot upload here.

Another issue I had was that the key was programed incorrectly and would only speed up to 19 mph (even with seat belt on).
WOW!!! I certainly hope I'm not going to get off to a bad start. I'm already getting pretty frustrated with the who thing. Are you still able to ride? Or did you have to leave your machine at the dealer, until the fix is released?

I'm starting to think I should have just kept my 2016 Kawasaki Teryx4. I was unbelievably reliable. Once the grandkids out grew us, we didn't need a 4-seater any more. Thanks for the heads up. I will post a reply when I get mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ed748, did the dealership comment on what BRP"s upcoming Sept.fix will be? From what I have read on this and other forums, they have tried a number of "fixes", all of which have fallen short of fixing the problem. I wonder what the new "fix" will be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So the rattle is coming from in-between the rear seats. The rattle resembles the sound of a heatshield being loose and it only occurs between 4000 and 4500 rpm and it gives the false impression of sluggish takeoff. My understanding is that the u-joint that connects the two piece drive shaft and a unbalanced drive shaft is causing the problem. I was able to bring the machine home with me. The machine is driveabpe and does just fine. I have already christened it without any resulting issues.

As far as a "fix" the dealer believes it will be a whole new shaft, but it has not been confirmed. The part that sucks for all of us is that the skid plate is riveted on rather than bolted on, and that will create a lot of work.

I hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts